URC Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URC Remote

Anyone using URC Remotes? How did you manage getting the programming software? Can any of them run events in Homeseer? Any kind of Z-Wave interfacing?

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    Anyone using URC Remotes? How did you manage getting the programming software? Can any of them run events in Homeseer? Any kind of Z-Wave interfacing?
    There was some discussion about it a while back here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156832
    Then everything went cold.

For more on this send me a PM if you think that would be the set up you looking for.

Eman.
    Last edited by Eman; October 25, 2016, 05:48 AM.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

ok, so if you want to use URC, you kinda need the IP controlled product line which is the newer line, and also probably harder to get the programming software to.
      The one guy mentioned a PRO Control Remote that I'd never heard of that looks promising. It's zigbee between the base station and remote and it is Bi-Directional. I don't know how you would integrate it with homeseer, although, I really don't have any plans that need thorough integration. But I did just buy a Global Cache that really needs commands to come from Homeseer. So other than just building a SoftRemote with HSTouch, I'm venturing away from Homeseer being the Hub. So, I'm just spinning in circles. We need a dedicated Homeseer Z-Wave Remote. Duh!

Comment

ok, so if you want to use URC, you kinda need the IP controlled product line which is the newer line, and also probably harder to get the programming software to.
        The one guy mentioned a PRO Control Remote that I'd never heard of that looks promising. It's zigbee between the base station and remote and it is Bi-Directional. I don't know how you would integrate it with homeseer, although, I really don't have any plans that need thorough integration. But I did just buy a Global Cache that really needs commands to come from Homeseer. So other than just building a SoftRemote with HSTouch, I'm venturing away from Homeseer being the Hub. So, I'm just spinning in circles. We need a dedicated Homeseer Z-Wave Remote. Duh!

What actually are you working on?
        I thought you already was using HomeSeer. HomeSeer such that it's the system which will bring a multitude of techinologies (brands) working together in sync.
        Describe your project a bit more so that others can try to help you. That's why I told you to send me private message because of the forum rules, there are some things which can't be discussed here. The link I posted above is for the old line of products. Not the new IP range of products.

Eman.

Comment

I just got a HS3, and I don't have anything to control my AV equipment with. I moved over from a control 4 system that had an integrated remote.
          I have a scene controller set up for now which turns the tv on and selects the proper input via the Denon Plugin via Global Cache GC-100. But, I have a Camera DVR, and a Blueray player which I really need a remote for. TV Operations I use a TIVO, and I'm not sure any remote can replace my Slide Remote with the TIVO. So, other than manipulating the DVR, and Blueray, I really don't need that much. But, I want a RF not IR for behind cabinet use. Also, maybe use the Remote to interface with HSTouch on the TV screen if possible. Of course I should be able to control the immediate room's lighting although my scene controller nearby could do that job until a more Z-Wave and Homeseer tailor'd Remote comes available. So an RF Remote that can Interface with Global Cache, or I have to ditch the GC and get a separate Hub like the harmony Hubs? I really don't know what I need. I just know nothing seems a perfect fit. Can a Savant Remote work with Homeseer?

Comment

I just got a HS3, and I don't have anything to control my AV equipment with. I moved over from a control 4 system that had an integrated remote.
            I have a scene controller set up for now which turns the tv on and selects the proper input via the Denon Plugin via Global Cache GC-100. But, I have a Camera DVR, and a Blueray player which I really need a remote for. TV Operations I use a TIVO, and I'm not sure any remote can replace my Slide Remote with the TIVO. So, other than manipulating the DVR, and Blueray, I really don't need that much. But, I want a RF not IR for behind cabinet use. Also, maybe use the Remote to interface with HSTouch on the TV screen if possible. Of course I should be able to control the immediate room's lighting although my scene controller nearby could do that job until a more Z-Wave and Homeseer tailor'd Remote comes available. So an RF Remote that can Interface with Global Cache, or I have to ditch the GC and get a separate Hub like the harmony Hubs? I really don't know what I need. I just know nothing seems a perfect fit. Can a Savant Remote work with Homeseer?

All you need and more is there with you. There fact that you have HomeSeer 3. You have taken much of the weight off your sholders.
            Now look here :http://www.homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins.html to see what you already have and what you are missing. Ask any question about how you would include any of your devices.
            For the URC, I have already stated that it a different matter.

Note :If you have a HomeSeer HS3 Pro licence you can start using your Global Cache.
            And the Savant system is also a different issue (I think they use ZIGBEE)

Eman.
            Last edited by Eman; October 25, 2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Well I don't understand. There's a lot of plugins that do a lot of things, and I do have the Global Cache plugin installed. But, other than the Harmony plugin which I really don't understand what it does, I'm not seeing any plugins for Remotes. If I was better versed in HSTouch I fully understand I could literally build my own remotes with soft buttons on my iPhone, but for now the quickest route is a traditional remote, but with no direct interfacing remotes for Global Cache, or Homeseer it seems problematic to me. Some want to take Homeseer's place, and others want to take Global Cache's place. If I set up a remote to take care of the DVR responsibilities, I lose the option of Homeseer having that ability. Unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Well I don't understand. There's a lot of plugins that do a lot of things, and I do have the Global Cache plugin installed. But, other than the Harmony plugin which I really don't understand what it does, I'm not seeing any plugins for Remotes. If I was better versed in HSTouch I fully understand I could literally build my own remotes with soft buttons on my iPhone, but for now the quickest route is a traditional remote, but with no direct interfacing remotes for Global Cache, or Homeseer it seems problematic to me. Some want to take Homeseer's place, and others want to take Global Cache's place. If I set up a remote to take care of the DVR responsibilities, I lose the option of Homeseer having that ability. Unless I'm missing something.

The missing link in your set up is the URC MSC-400.

I always tell people not to give up on HomeSeer!
                Now for more options look at this plugin here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...17#post1132517 And while at it check this one out :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...20#post1089120

Now go ahead and play and stop sulking

Enjoy HomeSeer!

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                X