All events stop running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All events stop running

I've noticed a peculiar thing occurring over the last month or so. After about 4 days of running homeseer, any of my events will stop running. This is true even if you go to the events page and hit the play button for the event and they still don't run. It's even weirder because in the log it acknowledges that the "run" button was pressed but the event still doesn't run. If I restart homeseer things go back to normal for the next 4 days and it happens again. Anyone else notice this? Is there a fix or is it something with my computer? I've tried reinstalling homeseer to no avail...

What hardware are you running HS3 on?
    What version of HS3 are you running?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What hardware are you running HS3 on?
      What version of HS3 are you running?
      I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.298 (Windows). However, after doing some research I found a post relating to clicking the "wait for script to finish before continuing" box. I guess if you have a script running and it gets held up because of poor programming (which I am apt to perform) then this sort of thing can happen. I went through all the events which include scripts running and unchecked those boxes as there were a couple I had checked. Hopefully that will do it but I'll have to wait a few days to be sure.

Comment

I spoke too soon

I have gone through all my events but now 6 days out and under the "ABOUT" page for homeseer I see 0 available threads with 925 threads running. Any way I can troubleshoot this and find out which is taking up homeseer so I can fix it. This is driving me nuts!

Comment

One tool that can help in this type of situation is Jon00's PerfMon script. It will produce simple plots of key system metrics, including no. of scripts running, threads, and handles, as well as CPU, memory etc. I've found that monitoring those has helped me find problematic events.
          Attached Files
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X