No announcement yet.

Disabling confirmation for "...tell homeseer to turn off all {Location} Lights"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling confirmation for "...tell homeseer to turn off all {Location} Lights"

Just got my echo dot set up and LOVE the new capabilities it brings with HS. My favorite so far is "Alexa, tell homeseer to turn off all the {Location} lights".

However, this requires a confirmation, which I don't want or need. Is it possible to disable this confirmation so Alexa will just do my bidding after the first command?

Second, related question: when I use "turn off all the {Location} lights", it doesn't seem to turn off dimmer lights -- only straight on/off lights. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks.

I don't think you can, however you can get around the issue with this.
    Jon

Comment

Go to setup and under voice, there is a checkbox to confirm in commands that contain all. Suspect if you uncheck that, your issue will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        Go to setup and under voice, there is a checkbox to confirm in commands that contain all. Suspect if you uncheck that, your issue will go away.
        That does not work here when I try it.
        Jon

Comment

That's weird. I just tested it and it worked for me.

Comment

Is that with the Homeseer skill ..."Alexa, tell Homeseer....?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              Negative. They're all unchecked. I almost suspect it's an Echo thing rather than a Homeseer thing.

I will give the script Jon00 posted a shot and see how that works.

Anyone have an idea on my second question:

when I use "turn off all the {Location} lights", it doesn't seem to turn off dimmer lights -- only straight on/off lights. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Comment

I have two videos. The first is with the option checked and the second is without.

https://vimeo.com/189535290

https://vimeo.com/189535334

Comment

Working...
                X