Homeseer and Json request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and Json request

I'm trying to make a web request to my ZWave thermostat. I would like to avoid using an event. I would like to have the request se the thermostat to X degrees. any ideas on the format of the URL or Post command?

Z-Wave thermostats do not understand Http requests as only WIFI stats do this. Z-Wave stats need Z-Wave commands of which can not be sent on the JSON stream.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Ok thanks. So I guess I would need to make an event for each of the potential temperature settings? Off, On. 70, 80 and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by tccug221 View Post
        I'm trying to make a web request to my ZWave thermostat. I would like to avoid using an event. I would like to have the request se the thermostat to X degrees. any ideas on the format of the URL or Post command?
        Yes, you can. Not sure why Rupp thinks otherwise?

http://ipaddress/JSON?request=contro...253&value=80.0

That will set your cooling setpoint to 80 degrees - you would change the ref to your device ref for the cooling setpoint.

JSON is use for setting and retrieving values of devices. You're always better off using the event engine to do this, but if you need something controlled externally, JSON is the way to accomplish it.
        HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
        72 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
        Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
        Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Yes, you can. Not sure why Rupp thinks otherwise?

http://ipaddress/JSON?request=contro...253&value=80.0

That will set your cooling setpoint to 80 degrees - you would change the ref to your device ref for the cooling setpoint.

JSON is use for setting and retrieving values of devices. You're always better off using the event engine to do this, but if you need something controlled externally, JSON is the way to accomplish it.
            Just so I am clear on the syntax the "contro...253" is the ref to the device? Is this the name I have for it or is it a number that is found elsewhere?

Comment

Just so I am clear on the syntax the "contro...253" is the ref to the device? Is this the name I have for it or is it a number that is found elsewhere?
              It is the 'ref' of the device. You can get it 2 ways:
              Hover over the device and you'll see it at the bottom of your browser.
              Or, you can click on the device, then click on the Advanced tab.

Also, note that the message board truncates URLs so the real URL would be:
              Code:
              http://ipaddress/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=1253&value=80.0
              Last edited by rmasonjr; November 2, 2016, 01:49 PM. Reason: URL
              HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
              72 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
              Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
              Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks!

Works Great! Do you know if there is any documentation on this?

Comment

Works Great! Do you know if there is any documentation on this?
                  All the JSON stuff (don't know if there is anything missing) is in the SDK rather than the help file - it is here http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm

Comment

Perfect

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X