Problems upgrading to new UZB from old Z-stick V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems upgrading to new UZB from old Z-stick V2

I got a UZB version 5.2 Z-wave stick so i could import everything. That seemed to work.
    The problem is that its not seeing any of my nodes, they show up in node information. The UZB is listed as node1 but all of my restored nodes have new node numbers starting then 154 at 106.
    All the imported nodes are showing red "no command class information available.

Thanks

Ken

Originally posted by W4ZOO View Post
    I got a UZB version 5.2 Z-wave stick so i could import everything. That seemed to work.
    The problem is that its not seeing any of my nodes, they show up in node information. The UZB is listed as node1 but all of my restored nodes have new node numbers starting then 154 at 106.
    All the imported nodes are showing red "no command class information available.

Thanks

Ken
    You need to wake your nodes and rescan any node that shows red. These update procedures more times than not leave your Z-Wave routing tables in a mess. In the long run you may want to remove your nodes from the old controller and add them to your new interface ensuring you are starting with a fresh installation.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      You need to wake your nodes and rescan any node that shows red. These update procedures more times than not leave your Z-Wave routing tables in a mess. In the long run you may want to remove your nodes from the old controller and add them to your new interface ensuring you are starting with a fresh installation.
      Thanks for the reply Rupp

That more work than I ready for now, But the HS3 backup and restore is supposed to work, I seen many successes on the forum. So need try to gget this resoled.

Thanks again

Comment

Needing help with Zwave PLEASE

I have started using z wave about 6 months ago, changing modules little by little. I first of all got a HomeTroller Zee which never seemed to have much luck with, so I thought I would go back and upgrade my home computer to HS3 Pro.
        Well with my hometroller zee it came with a z stick (black) that plugs into the usb port and a little tiny unit with a blue flashing light on it that also plugs into a usb port.
        First question is what is the little tiny unit with the flashing blue light on it that plugs into a usb port for? I have it plugged in.
        The I have the z stick that I did not understand on how to get it to work, but I found a great program on my I phone called Z-tool+, I was able to figure it out and got all my new plug ins to work with my desktop and homeseer 3 pro.
        Still do not know what I am doing other then using the iphone to do the programming. I have the z stick plugged in and that little thing that has the flashing light on it.
        Now I thought I would up grade a little bit more and bought a Z-stick Gen 5 Aeotec z wave plus, I saw it was stronger and was having some issue connecting. When I unplug the old black unit, and put in the new white one, it flashes a three different colors and I am not sure of how to get it to work with my system. I read the instruction and it gave differant ways to hook it up and I tried two of them, and no good. I am back to the black one.
        The question there is can I just plug it in and update it to run with HS3 Pro. Thanks you for any help at all,
        Daniel
        danielbo

Comment

Working...
        X