Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is attachable water valve controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is attachable water valve controller?

I seem to recall a water valve controller that you can fit over a ball valve handle. I now see only the new valve which requires cutting and brazing a threaded connector.

Searching amazon I found a couple different brands but it doesn't look quite like the one recently featured in the HS store.
    Greenfield seems to be most expensive, but there are a couple of other cheaper brands available.

Anyone have any experience with these units ??

I thought it was the Econet one that they used to sell.
    Econet EBV105

Comment

They were riddled with problems so HS no longer caries them.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

http://www.econetcontrols.com/produc...hutoff-ebv105/
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

At one point there was some chatter regarding these valves:

http://www.greenfielddirect.com/auto...curity-valves/

I was going to purchase one of these but never did. Anyone have any experience with these? They were supposed to be the OEM versions of the ELK valves. I dunno.

Thoughts?
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Thanks for weighing-in folks. Greenfield looks pretty robust, I'd like to hear more if anyone has experience with them. I'd rather not cut into the main again, I installed open sprinkler and had a friend help sweat the copper lines in the basement. Not a huge deal but a fair bit of work. Also thinking that if something were to go wrong with valve I need a way to somewhat painlessly replace it.

<link for future ref> Shark bite solderless pipe fittings:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcG3ifHZKjM

Comment

Greenfield has a valve that you can attach over the existing manual valve that is already installed in all homes. That is the one I was thinking about.
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                Greenfield has a valve that you can attach over the existing manual valve that is already installed in all homes. That is the one I was thinking about.
                This one: http://www.homecontrols.com/Greenfie...ator-GFASVCOAZ ?

Comment

Looks like Zipato has one too now: https://www.zipato.com/product/valve-controller

Comment

Originally posted by AttilaHooper View Post
                    Thanks for weighing-in folks. Greenfield looks pretty robust, I'd like to hear more if anyone has experience with them. I'd rather not cut into the main again, I installed open sprinkler and had a friend help sweat the copper lines in the basement. Not a huge deal but a fair bit of work. Also thinking that if something were to go wrong with valve I need a way to somewhat painlessly replace it.

<link for future ref> Shark bite solderless pipe fittings:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcG3ifHZKjM
                    Should be less than an hour by a good plumber, so relatively inexpensive to have someone else do it. Not sure if I would personally trust compression fittings on the main.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Should be less than an hour by a good plumber, so relatively inexpensive to have someone else do it. Not sure if I would personally trust compression fittings on the main.

Cheers
                      Al
                      A shark bite gets stronger the more pressure it's under. It should alao be after the pressure reducer any way. I do this all the time and have been for years.
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by AttilaHooper View Post
                        I seem to recall a water valve controller that you can fit over a ball valve handle. I now see only the new valve which requires cutting and brazing a threaded connector.

Searching amazon I found a couple different brands but it doesn't look quite like the one recently featured in the HS store.
                        Greenfield seems to be most expensive, but there are a couple of other cheaper brands available.

Anyone have any experience with these units ??
                        I use Zooz-Z-Wave-Plus-Gas-Water-Valve-Control-ZAC03 on my washer. They work great
                        Art

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                          A shark bite gets stronger the more pressure it's under. It should alao be after the pressure reducer any way. I do this all the time and have been for years.
                          I know, it's not a rational mis-trust, but I've seen them over tightened too many times and PRV's can fail

Comment

I just had a plumber look at our water main valve. . .and unfortunately, because of how it is buried in the wall, it would be a MAJOR project to install the Homeseer Valve. . .was hoping. . .also, the current value has a wheel instead of a lever, so I can't use any of these other types. . .anyone seen one that will turn a wheel handle?

Comment

Working...
                            X