Setting up HS3 after loss of HS2 unit & z-stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up HS3 after loss of HS2 unit & z-stick

Without boring everyone with details, here's my situation. I had a Hometroller running HS2Pro set up using an Aeon Labs DSA02203-ZWUS z-stick. Home was completely set up years ago and no problems. My hometroller and z-stick are no more (stolen). I've got a spare PC and am in the process of setting up HS3Pro on it. I have a virgin Aeon Labs z-stick and a virgin Smartstick+. As all my devices were paired with the original system and my database back ups are also missing, how would I go about adding the already paired devices to a new system without the old system?

Is there an easy way to unpair them and then add them to the new network? Better yet, could I just somehow add devices? If I understand this, they have to be unpaired before they can be added to a new network.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don

Hi Don,

Sorry to hear. You can unpair them from the new system. Go to the Plug-Ins - Z-Wave - Controller Management page. Then under Z-Wave Interfaces go to the Actions drop-down and select Remove/Exclude a node. Put the device in inclusion/exclusion mode. To add them in, pick Add/Include a Node.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

What a relief! It's going to be some work, but at least I'm not locked out of using my devices.

Thank you so much,
      Don

Comment

Working...
      X