Minimote - impossible to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimote - impossible to use

I looked at many previous threads on using the minimote with HS3. No matter what I try I cannot get HS3 to include the minimote. To add to the problem, every try ends up freezing my system and I have to restart HS3.

Has anyone experienced this? Thanks

Have you tried excluding it first? What specific version of the zwave plugin and hs3 are you running?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I did try that.

Comment

I'm also on 3.0.1.87 and it works fine for me. I followed the instructions found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165108
        If any devices were created on previous attempts, delete them before you retry.
        Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Ok. Thank you. I finally got it working.

The secret: fight with it until the end. It took me about 12 tries of adding and removing, adding and removing .... Most of the tries resulted in the controller rebooting itself. That is why I thought my system was crashing.

Eventually I was able to get it added to the system. After that - it was relatively easy to map values with event triggers.

Probably worth it. Because the minimote is a pretty slick looking and feeling device.

Comment

Originally posted by hiken View Post
            Ok. Thank you. I finally got it working.

The secret: fight with it until the end. It took me about 12 tries of adding and removing, adding and removing .... Most of the tries resulted in the controller rebooting itself. That is why I thought my system was crashing.

Eventually I was able to get it added to the system. After that - it was relatively easy to map values with event triggers.

Probably worth it. Because the minimote is a pretty slick looking and feeling device.

The instructions for the Minimote said I had to reset it before I could add it to a hub. I did and it worked with HS3 with no problems. Really like the Minimote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Adding these guys under .87 is tough -- I had the same experience as you. Once I upgraded the z-wave plug-in to .9x, all the problems went away.

Comment

Originally posted by BeenHeavyinFlorida View Post
                The instructions for the Minimote said I had to reset it before I could add it to a hub. I did and it worked with HS3 with no problems. Really like the Minimote!

Update: the minimote battery dies/requires recharge almost daily with regular use. Impossible to use unless the battery is drastically improved.

Comment

Originally posted by BeenHeavyinFlorida View Post
                  Update: the minimote battery dies/requires recharge almost daily with regular use. Impossible to use unless the battery is drastically improved.
                  Yours must be defective. Ours (6) would last at least a couple of months, probably more.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I purchased a couple from Amazon from vendor Beach Camera. Those failed pretty quick. Same as your experience - would not hold a charge for long.

Then I spent twice the money and purchased from Aeon. Those hold their charge for months.

Comment

Originally posted by hiken View Post
                      I purchased a couple from Amazon from vendor Beach Camera. Those failed pretty quick. Same as your experience - would not hold a charge for long.

Then I spent twice the money and purchased from Aeon. Those hold their charge for months.

Thanks Hiken!

Comment

I recently got some from buydig and they would not hold a charge at all. I found instructions on how to replace the batteries and it was not too hard. Now I can keep these going indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by farfromuman View Post
                          I recently got some from buydig and they would not hold a charge at all. I found instructions on how to replace the batteries and it was not too hard. Now I can keep these going indefinitely.

Hi Farfromuman - would you mind sharing a link to the instructions for replacing the batteries? Have the same issue with a couple of mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the link to the discussion. You will have to solder the battery wires.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/...-life/61241/34

Also like already mentioned it is good idea to do an exclude and full reset (hold both bottom buttons till the lights quit flashing) before adding these to the system. I had one remote where button number 1 would not work until I reset it and re-included. I had another that did not include properly but it worked perfectly on the second try.
                            Last edited by farfromuman; January 19, 2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I have 4 Minimotes currently, and had trouble getting them to work, until i read about doing the reset. Then it was easy, peasy.

Comment

Working...
                              X