Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 unfolding the events view is painfully slow why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 unfolding the events view is painfully slow why?

Hi HS3
    I have a aprox 600 devices and 1000 events.
    When I click on and event group to unfold it a view the events unde the group it takes forever to do this.
    I have come to a stage were this is blocking me from wanting to create more events.

Is there a way to improve this? I am on a super fast server.
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

I've never confirmed or done any research into this but have seen it also before, I think this is the point that HS queries plugins for their number of triggers, what are they called, what's in them etc so I do wonder if you have a busy/misbehaving plugin/lots of different plugins or a slow system that it could cause a delay.

Comment

Does the same for me. Best way I know how to mitigate this is to use the events type filter to break them into as many divisions as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        I've never confirmed or done any research into this but have seen it also before, I think this is the point that HS queries plugins for their number of triggers, what are they called, what's in them etc so I do wonder if you have a busy/misbehaving plugin/lots of different plugins or a slow system that it could cause a delay.
        how do I check if I have bad plugins?
        Best,
        Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
          how do I check if I have bad plugins?
          Probably poor choice of English by me that one, perhaps no such thing as a bad plugin as such but if you found that one group was slower to load than another and it happened that events in that group had actions/triggers that originated from one plugin that might point to something amiss with that plugin. If you create a new group with just standard HS actions/triggers does it still open very slowly?

Comment

I had the same issue when I was running HS3 on a very low powered system. When I moved to a much faster system the issue went away for me. How many event groups do you have and how many events per group? A possible workaround until you figure out the cause of the slowness is to create the events in a new event group and once they are created and tested, change the event group name in the event.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I see the same thing here on a test system with below stats similar to the OP. One thing I noticed when editing lots of events, expanding and collapsing them, is the Chrome browser process I use has a memory leak as it just keeps growing and growing. I just kill the page when it hits the unresponsive page timer in Chrome and reload from scratch, then things are somewhat faster. I have not checked to see if the same leak happens on other browsers. Most of the below events are in a single Group. I have not tried to split it into multiple Groups as I kind of need them in one Group. I noted in the past moving events to a new Group is also painfully slow.

Current Date/Time: 11/20/2016 8:40:34 AM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
              System Uptime: 10 Days 15 Hours 59 Minutes 7 Seconds
              Number of Devices: 1080
              Number of Events: 1474

Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.0.29: EasyTrigger
              3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...