Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michel View Post

Ahhhh!!! I found the missing link.

HS created the root device with an Association to Homeseer thru "Endpoint 1". Reading another forums I saw that the HEM is reporting thru "Endpoint 0".

So, at least with HS 3.0.0.534 and Z-Wave 3.0.1.252 :
    • After adding the node to HS goto the Z-Wave tab of the HEM Root device
    • In the Association section
      1. Delete Association : Homeseer (ID:1) Endpoint 1
      2. Create Association : Homeseer (ID:1) (No Endpoint)
    • Result will be as Monk's screenshot above
    • Information should now come in steady without polling
    Thanks for posting this! Just tried it out and it works great!

Comment

I have same issue, and tried to set my ZW095 1 clamp to no endpoint, but there is no reporting at all.
      I read somewhere that you have to set the basic command class to 1, with the zensys tool ? Is this correct?

I also doesent have the settings under the zwave settings of root device. Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-11_1502.png
Views:	666
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	1361573

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
        I have same issue, and tried to set my ZW095 1 clamp to no endpoint, but there is no reporting at all.
        I read somewhere that you have to set the basic command class to 1, with the zensys tool ? Is this correct?

I also doesent have the settings under the zwave settings of root device. Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-11_1502.png
Views:	666
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	1361573
        This is what mine looks like under the zwave tab of the root device.
        Attached Files

Comment

I also doesent have the settings under the zwave settings of root device.
          Did the plug-in created devices like below?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1361586

Comment

Yes it did, but I have only one clamp
            This is the second device I try, and both are same. Also no difference if I include secure or non secure
            Click image for larger version  Name:	1DD4AA74-97D1-4004-9F5C-B3D1956F7C68.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	1361592

Comment

Here's how Aeotec had me add the ZW095 HEM to get instant reports working:

Try doing this with V1.35:
              ​
              For Homeseer there are a few settings that you'll need to change to allow this device to work properly on Homeseer HS3:

Pair HEM Gen5 V1.35 using non-secure
              1. Unpair HEM Gen5
              2. Re-pair HEM Gen5 using "Non-secure" pairing via Homeseer interface (don't use regular pairing)

---------

Changing Parameter settgs
              1. Access the root of the HEM Gen5
              2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Settings.
              3. Input these parameter settings individually at the bottom:

Parameter 2 [1 byte] = 0 //disable solar
              Parameter 3 [1 byte] = 0 //disable threshold
              Parameter 13 [1 byte] = 1 //enable CRC16 encapsulation (Homeseer requires this)
              Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 1776384 //report all reports on clamp 1 + 2 via group #1
              Parameter 111 [4 bytte] = 30 //Set the time of report for group #1
              4. Save this.
              5. If you are still now getting any readings, move onto the association section below:
              ---------

Association (steps for is your HEM Gen5 is still not reporting)
              2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Association.
              3. Click on "Update" button
              4. Click on "X" on Node #1 under "Group 1"
              5. Now click on "Update" button again.
              6. Input this into

"Device to be Controlled" -HomeSeer
              "Destination Endpoint" -(No Endpoint)

7. Now click on "Add Association"

Comment

Originally posted by jmedemar View Post
                Here's how Aeotec had me add the ZW095 HEM to get instant reports working:

Try doing this with V1.35:
                ​
                For Homeseer there are a few settings that you'll need to change to allow this device to work properly on Homeseer HS3:

Pair HEM Gen5 V1.35 using non-secure
                1. Unpair HEM Gen5
                2. Re-pair HEM Gen5 using "Non-secure" pairing via Homeseer interface (don't use regular pairing)

---------

Changing Parameter settgs
                2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Settings.
                3. Input these parameter settings individually at the bottom:

Parameter 2 [1 byte] = 0 //disable solar
                Parameter 3 [1 byte] = 0 //disable threshold
                Parameter 13 [1 byte] = 1 //enable CRC16 encapsulation (Homeseer requires this)
                Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 1776384 //report all reports on clamp 1 + 2 via group #1
                Parameter 111 [4 bytte] = 30 //Set the time of report for group #1
                4. Save this.
                5. If you are still now getting any readings, move onto the association section below:
                ---------

Association (steps for is your HEM Gen5 is still not reporting)
                2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Association.
                3. Click on "Update" button
                4. Click on "X" on Node #1 under "Group 1"
                5. Now click on "Update" button again.
                6. Input this into

"Device to be Controlled" -HomeSeer
                "Destination Endpoint" -(No Endpoint)

7. Now click on "Add Association"
                Thank you for the info.
                I tried it, but it still not want to report.
                I saw some other that had similar issue, and they had to set the command class in Zensys tool. Have anyone had to do this?
                https://community.openhab.org/t/solv...cally/44579/23

Im not sure if this is related to the manual where they say no basic command class is set? Manual here

Name:	2020-02-11_2308.png
Views:	670
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	1361702

Comment

I tried it, but it still not want to report...
                  Can you post a picture of where and how your clamp is in installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post

Can you post a picture of where and how your clamp is in installed?
                    I would love to do that, but im not by that house for a month now.
                    I have mounted the clamp inside the connection box in the wall, on the brown L cable. The L arrow is pointing away from the hot water tank, which im measuring, so it is pointing against the fuse.
                    After i left the house, i continued testing abit, and if i enabled polling in homeseer, i at least got the live voltage to show. I activated the polling for the watt as well but i i dont know if the hot water tank is on, by the time i tested, since nobody is using the house.
                    So if it works with polling, then something else must be wrong.

I can say that this is the second power meter i test, cause i thought i had a faulty one. And on first one, i tried to swap direction on the clamp, but nothing made it report.
                    Here you can see the Volt, after i activated Homeseer polling
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-02-13_2144.png Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	1362384

Comment

The picture was only to validate that you were only clamping the "L" cable as I've seen a user clamping an extension cord, thus the neutral was cancelling the Line reading. You description confirms that this is not your case.

So I suppose you will be waiting for the water tank to operate to test if polling at least gets you something.

Comment

I had almost given up this thing, before i today updated the zwave plugin to 3.0.2.0 and suddenly all work

Name:	2020-03-13_2329.png
Views:	561
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1369763

Comment

Is anyone getting negative values on their power meter? I installed the older meter because it was cheap but it seems when I set parm. 2, the thing just wigs out and starts reporting milliamps but still doesn't give negative values. Seems like a massive oversight if the negative values don't work :/.

Comment

I just installed mine and I think it's working but I see this in the log:

9/10/2020 7:41:13 PM
                            Legacy-Plugin
                            Z-Wave Warning
                            ============================================================ ================================

Legacy-Plugin
                            Z-Wave Warning
                            Please contact Aeon Labs/Aeotec for a resolution to this problem.

Legacy-Plugin
                            Z-Wave Warning
                            HomeSeer is unable to receive most of the meter reports from this device.

Legacy-Plugin
                            Z-Wave Warning
                            This device attempted to send a METER REPORT, but the frame is too short to be processed.

Legacy-Plugin
                            Z-Wave Warning

Legacy-Plugin
                            Z-Wave Warning
                            The Home Energy Meter G2 device (Node 63 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Meter) has a firmware bug.

Legacy-Plugin
                            Z-Wave Warning
                            ============================================================ ================================

Looks like my gen 5 is running 1.35 and zwave 3.0.2.0. I Dont see any firmware updates online anywhere.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Sorry for cross posting but I am about to give up using this device on HS4. It was working on HS3 but I can't seem to configure it in any way to provide data in HS4.

Before I give up and toss it, has anyone successfully used this Aeotec ZW095 Home energy monitor on homeseer 4?

Thanks,

Devan

Comment

All I have HS3 and was planning to use my device alike.
                                Did not get to put my upgrade of HS4, but looking at the trouble you have, not sure if I go there! And having a lot of problems with HS hardware (dimmers and switches), I'm at a point where I wonder if I continue to trow my money in something that doesn't look reliable (software and hardware)!
                                Thinking to move to something else, at less my vera controllers does work and I'm still using them for locks and thermostat that are better managed then with HS!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X