Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK 2016 Alarm system to integrate with HS3

Hi

I am new to the Homeseer Forum and very new to Homeseer ( I purchased and got the system up and running on Homeseer 3 Pro on a windows machine last week after my Vera Plus unit decided to become an expensive ornament whilst performing a firmware update).

I am loving Homeseer at the moment and for the most part, it is very snappy and a lot easier to work with in comparison to vera.

I currently have no security system and am looking to invest. I had thoughts about using the fibaro motion sensors (I currently have 3) to trigger events similar to an alarm system but have found them to be a little intermittent in the refresh times etc (not just with homeseer as it was the same with vera).

I have tried making sense on the posts on here for whats available and has integration for homeseer.

My end game is to ideally have an alarm system that supports:
    - arm/disarm by a RFID chip of some kind
    - arm/disarm through homeseer
    - show all motion sensors/window contact sensors in homeseer to use for triggers
    - Ideally, support 3rd party components (e.g. any 2 wired dry contact switches, PIR's etc.

I have looked into the DSC panels as listed in the forums but I'm not 100% sure of what components id exactly require.

If I was to get the following would that be all I require for initial setup:

DSC PC1864 PowerSeries 8-64 Zone Control Panel
    Solex PIT1640U 16v 40va Plug-in Transformer
    DSC IT-100 PowerSeries Integration Module

Is this a good setup to go for and does it meet all my wants/requirements?

Is there a different/better system that meets all these requirements that are available/compatible in the UK?

Thanks in advance for all the help and I look forward to contributing myself to this forum once I get to grips with it.

I use a DSC 1864 panel with an Envisalink interface. The plugin is very good and also very popular. The EVL units use TCP/IP to talk to Homeseer while the others use an RS232 serial interface. This has an advantage if your panel is not near your Hs box.

If you plan to use wireless zones you will want to get a 64 zone keypad. The panel maxes out at 64 zones 64 wired or up to 32 wireless and the balance as wired in groups of 8. If you opt for the 32 zone keypad the wireless zones will need to be in the first 32 zones and you will loose the ability to use the onboard 8 wired zones. I learned this the hard way and ended up buying a RFK64 so I could get a full 32 wired and 32 wireless.

Many of my zones are used as 24 hour occupancy sensing and non alarm sensors such as interior doors.
    Last edited by Kitar; December 24, 2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Another option that's supported in HS3 via a 3rd party plug-in is Texecom.

Texecom gear is readily available here in the UK and you have the option to mix wired and wireless devices if required.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Another option that's supported in HS3 via a 3rd party plug-in is Texecom.

Texecom gear is readily available here in the UK and you have the option to mix wired and wireless devices if required.

Paul..
        A very delayed response as I thought I'd already replied... Must of forgot to click the send button [emoji28]

Thanks for the suggestion and I went with the texecom system and have found it to be very good so far. Occasionally (happened 3 times in last 4 months?) The motion sensors don't trigger the scenes in homeseer that I have setup... But turning the plugin off and on again makes them work perfectly again. Have no idea why it's happened but will have to remember to check the logs next time it happens to see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks again for the advice :-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X