Speaker Client that Calls an API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Client that Calls an API

I tried searching for an answer to no avail so I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but I have an API in my home network that can be used to do TTS over speakers in my house.
    I would like to use this API as a speaker client in HS3 (Zee S2).

Is this possible? If so, any pointers to documentation?

Thanks,

Mitch

Did you find a solution?

Comment

The only way I know how to do this is to create a plugin and register it as a speech proxy, in your plugin then you can do whatever you wish with the spoken text and send it elsewhere. It is how the Sonos/Chromecast plugin does it, in early HS3 days I created a plugin that would be a speaker client itself so there was no reliance on the HS speaker application - it worked but not a great deal of point to it.

Comment

Here running a W7 VB and Speaker dot exe (5 of them) and SAPI speech fonts on the same box as Homeseer 3 Pro is running on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	speech.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1304351

Zee2 HS3 lite also uses these sapi speaker fonts.

Well that and also running HSTouch on Intel based embedded Windows with SAPI and speaker running on these tabletops. Different english speech fonts (and multiple language speech fonts).

Also have squeeze players that will proxy the speech from HS (lite or pro) but do not do this. Personally prefer different SAPI fonts versus proxying one speech font from HS3. That is me though.

Also starting to proxy TTS to Alexa devices these days. Recently combined the audio from an Amazon dot with the HS3 SAPI audio to Russound. Works great.

Use it now for Amazon Weather and news and status TTS for alarm features BUT I do not have dependencies on the Amazon for automation (if that makes sense?)
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          The only way I know how to do this is to create a plugin and register it as a speech proxy. It is how the Sonos/Chromecast plugin does it
          Not really, Chromcast plugin uses the same API as HS Speaker app - HomeSeerAPI.ISpeechAPI. It's not documented, but you can see it in VS. Using this API when plugin starts - your device automatically appears in speaker client list. And you can send different TTS to different devices using this list. Which you can't do using SpeakerProxy functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            running a W7 VB and Speaker dot exe and SAPI speech fonts... (if that makes sense?)
            Not really Pete, can you please elaborate a bit?

Comment

I am wanting to keep multiple sapi voice font use here so each of the instances runs a separate speaker dot exe application with different sapi voice fonts.

Homeseer's touch application copies the text to speech file to the client and the client plays it back. It is not SAPI. (except for the Android client?).

Different TTS is just that but it is the same voice font.

- Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X