Garage door left open alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage door left open alert

Please share any event/s you've built to generate an alert when a garage door is left open for xx amount of time.

I have the notification side figured out... but want something that repeats about every hour.

I'm looking into timers... but can't figure out a way to do this in a single event. I'm a bit lost on how to integrate an action/trigger when a timer is up.

thanks

Here's what I do:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1188296

This recurs every 10 minutes, but would be easy to adjust for different periods.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I created a timer named "Garage Door opened". Opening the main garage door starts it running. The timer is restarted when either of the other doors is opened (bringing in groceries for instance). The timer is stopped when the main door closes.

Name:	garage announce 1,2.PNG
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1188297
      After 10 minutes, a message is spoken and a pushover message is sent.

Name:	garage announce 3.PNG
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1188298

Comment

When working in the garage.

One time someone asked, what if you were doing some work in the garage.

Simple=====> If you have a switch/z-wave or any =====> You create an event to puase the Garage Door event =====> In the events you choose Run as script or script command then choose Immediate script command then type: hs.DisableEvent"Garage Door" ====> exactly the name you gave the event.

And when you have finished =====> Or if you toggle the switch again ====> hs.EnableEvent"Garage Door"

This works well on ther things say if you come home then you can HomeSeer disable the Alarm by presence =====> WiFi connected/GPS/Bluetooth or other.

You can also have your Android phone/tablet alarm trigger the events with the Tasker plugin for HomeSeer. eh?

EDIT: You can also throw in Zwolfpack's event at #3 using the motion detector should you forget to Enable the event.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I found it much simpler to run an event every nn minutes that runs a script that one thing it does is check the garage door, how long has it been open, is it daytime, is the house occupied, etc.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

I have the ELK security system manage it.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
            X