Yale Deadbolt locked with keypad status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Deadbolt locked with keypad status

Hello, I'm a new Homeseer user, recently upgrading from an ISY994. For the most part I'm extremely happy with Homeseer and I've been able to get HS3 to do everything (and more) that I did with the ISY. However, there are a couple things I haven't gotten to work yet, that's why I'm here looking for expert help.

I have a Yale Real Living Z-wave deadbolt lock. It's joined into the HS and works well. The only thing that that I was able to do with the ISY that I haven't figured out yet is having a sperate status for locking with the outside keypad. The status shows manually locked whether it was with the keypad or from inside with the knob. If locked with z-wave, it shows a different status. I used to have a program on the ISY that when I locked the door from the outside keypad it would control a scene that turn off all lights inside the house. I don't want to run the same scene if I lock it from inside obviously.

I know the lock is capable of sending the proper info over z-wave because the ISY could differentiate whether it was locked manually from the knob inside or from the keypad outside. Can I do the same with HS3? There's a logging output on the lock that does show the difference but I can't find a way to use that to control events.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Eric

Hi Eric, you can use the notification device in events. Take a look at the Status Graphics tab for the notification child device (click on the URL for it under the Device Management page), and you can see all the possible status/value combinations that can be used in events.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know I can use the notification device in events. The problem seems to be that there is not a separate notification for the two types of manual lock. Attached is a screenshot of the available notifications. Looking at the log file, it shows an notification of code 111 whether it's locked from inside or outside. I found while trying to find a solution that there was a bug or some other issue with Schlage locks where this status was missing. On those locks it was status code 5. I knew it was a longshot but I added status 5 and it didn't work.

Eric
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ffhoov View Post
        There's a logging output on the lock that does show the difference but I can't find a way to use that to control events.
        Sorry, I must have misunderstood this comment, where I thought you indicated that they did show up differently. Can you see the corresponding zwave values on the ISY? If so, what do they show there?

Cheers
        Al

Comment

I user "User code entered" to know when locked or unlocked from outside

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Sorry, I must have misunderstood this comment, where I thought you indicated that they did show up differently. Can you see the corresponding zwave values on the ISY? If so, what do they show there?

Cheers
            Al
            Thanks for the help provided so far. I wasn't real clear. There is a notification device and a logging device. The notification doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference but the logging one can. Attached are two more screenshots, one that I captured after locking with the keypad outside, one after locking manually from inside. The notification output is the same (manually locked), but the logging device shows how it was manually locked. The logging device needs to be manually queried to get the latest entry.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
              I user "User code entered" to know when locked or unlocked from outside
              Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to do that for locked. I have working events for when it gets unlocked with a specific user code. But, since the lock doesn't actually use a user code to lock I'm confused by how to do that for a lock event. It looks like (according to the logging output) that it uses user 0 for lock? I tried to make an event using that in conjunction with being locked but it didn't work. If you have a working event that triggers when locked with the keypad on one of your Yale locks, i would love to see a screenshot of it.

THANKS!
              Eric

Comment

Thanks for the help provided so far. I wasn't real clear. There is a notification device and a logging device. The notification doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference but the logging one can. Attached are two more screenshots, one that I captured after locking with the keypad outside, one after locking manually from inside. The notification output is the same (manually locked), but the logging device shows how it was manually locked. The logging device needs to be manually queried to get the latest entry.
                Got it. Create an event that looks something like this:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1188344

Then create another event that is triggered by a change to the logging device and select the appropriate status value for it. The Status Graphics tab for the logging device should show what is possible. I just checked and it looks like my Kwikset locks operate basically the same way.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Al, Thank you so much for your help. I've been messing with this since my first post and had I just found a way to get it to work in a more round-about way than what you suggested. Using two events was the key obviously, I was trying to do it with one. I'm going to clean up mine to match what you suggested and give it a shot. I'm confident it will work. Again, I can't thank you enough for your assistance.

Eric

Comment

Al, Thank you so much for your help. I've been messing with this since my first post and had I just found a way to get it to work in a more round-about way than what you suggested. Using two events was the key obviously, I was trying to do it with one. I'm going to clean up mine to match what you suggested and give it a shot. I'm confident it will work. Again, I can't thank you enough for your assistance.

Eric
                    Hi Eric, glad I was able to help. I learned something myself in the process. I have a lock events script (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172326) and this gave me some good ideas to add to its functionality.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Hi Eric, glad I was able to help. I learned something myself in the process. I have a lock events script (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172326) and this gave me some good ideas to add to its functionality.

Cheers
                      Al
                      I found your script while looking for help prior to my post. I do plan to give it a try sometime soon. My first goal was to regain functionality I had with the ISY, now that I am getting really close to that I can start adding new features. :-)

Thanks again,
                      Eric

Comment

But, since the lock doesn't actually use a user code to lock I'm confused by how to do that for a lock event. It looks like (according to the logging output) that it uses user 0 for lock? I tried to make an event using that in conjunction with being locked but it didn't work. If you have a working event that triggers when locked with the keypad on one of your Yale locks, i would love to see a screenshot of it.

THANKS!
                        Eric
                        I disabled quick locking for my Yales. Users must enter a code to lock it so I know who is coming and going.

Comment

Working...
                        X