Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Chromecast Plugin

The Problem
    Since Google Music was cancelled, I use the BubbleUPnP app on my android to either Chromecast (CC) my music from my phone or using DNLA from my NAS to several Google Homes (GH) or Audio Chromecast speakers. Usually we would listen to the music at a 5% to 10% audio level. Whenever we finished listening to the music, all the sound levels of the GH’s were so low it was hard to hear them during normal use. Of course, we would adjust the sound levels on whatever GH we were using at the time but it was a pain.

The Fix
    With HS4 Homeseer introduced a Chromecast plugin. I setup a GH speaker group called “Everywhere” with the GH App then included all my speakers in the group. I then setup three HS Events. When I cast to the “Everywhere” speaker group the following events will fire.

==== Event 1 (Adjust sound levels to listen to music) ====
    IF
    Chromecast Google Cast Group - Everywhere Root Status changes and becomes Playing
    THEN
    Chromecast GH Bedroom Root Volume to 10%
    Chromecast GH Kitchen Root Volume to 10%
    Chromecast CC Loft Sound Bar Root Volume to 10%
    Chromecast Nest Max Root Volume to 10%

Under "Advanced Options"
    Event Cannot Re-Run for: 4 Hours (Stops the event from rerunning if you adjust the volume manually)

==== Event 2 (Adjust sound levels for regular use) ====

IF
    Chromecast Google Cast Group - Everywhere Root Status changes and becomes Paused
    THEN
    Chromecast GH Bedroom Root Volume to 50%
    Chromecast GH Kitchen Root Volume to 50%
    Chromecast CC Loft Sound Bar Root Volume to 40%
    Chromecast Nest Max Root Volume to 50%

I also created an event that runs once a day to ensure all the sound levels are correct at the start of the day.

==== Event 3 (Adjust sound levels at start of day) ====
    IF

The time is at 8:00:00 AM
    THEN
    Chromecast GH Bedroom Root Volume to 50%
    Chromecast GH Kitchen Root Volume to 50%
    Chromecast CC Loft Sound Bar Root Volume to 40%
    Chromecast Nest Max Root Volume to 50%

Problem solved!
    Last edited by Rubber_Boot; May 14, 2021, 12:53 PM. Reason: Google Home; Chromecast; Speakers; Sound

Thanks for documenting this!

Comment

Working...
    X