Homeseer Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Weather

I'm trying to display a 5 day forecast and current conditions via a FireHD 8 running HSTouch. In HSTouch there is a status tracking association called RSS data. So I think lookie here under Common RSS feeds there's a selection HomeSeer Weather. When I select HomeSeer weather and press the Get Data button I get the attached error and of course no weather. What in the world am I missing?
    Attached Files

Try the steps in this thread:
    New HS3Touch Weather API - HomeSeer Message Board
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Unfortunately it didn't work, thanks for the attempt though.
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you get your API key from OpenWeatherMap? The first 2 pages of comments on that linked thread are wrong and outdated. The correct instructions are on the 3rd page in the last 3-4 comments.

Otherwise, the process works, I just looked at it a couple of days ago.

Comment

mterry63 I did get it from OpenWeatherMap and appears to be working now...many thanks since I've literally spent hours trying to fix this.

Comment

Just as an alternative you could consider a free plugin like rnbWeather. The nice thing about the plugins is that the create devices in HS for each of the parameters you chose. For instance high day 1, low day 1, high day 2, etc. Then in HSTouch you simply track the status of those devices. HSTouch will then also display the corresponding icon if you chose to do so. I moved away from those RSS feed and instead use the plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              Just as an alternative you could consider a free plugin like rnbWeather. The nice thing about the plugins is <snip>
              I agree. At one time I had some nice weather screens, but somewhere between WU being ruined by IBM, Dark Sky going Tango Uniform, RSS being put on life support, and weather sites putting everything on overlays, I lost them. I'm waiting on trying HS4 to move to some of the new, really neat, weather plugins to do the heavy lifting for future spiffy weather screens.

HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
              X