Announce WD200 LED status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announce WD200 LED status

I have a wd200 and am using the LEDs to show things like Garage Door Open, Patio door open, furnace filter due for a change, etc. I know what the lights mean, but my wife often forgets. I don't really want to label them or put a guide on the wall. I created a virtual device with 7 features, each corresponding to an LED. The Status for each feature is either "" (null string) or what the LED signifies, like "The Garage Door is open", etc. In the event that turns the LED on or off, the corresponding virtual device is also turned on or off. Double-clicking a button on an adjacent Zen32 starts an event to have a nearby Alexa announce the device statuses ($$DSR:LED1deviceid:, $$DSR:LED2deviceid:, etc). Using the null string makes sure that only those LEDs that are lit are announced. I could have used the same switch to start the event, but it is used for other purposes right now. I also set the Zen32 so that each button triggers an event on a double press. A single press has Alexa state what the switch is used for, i.e. "Press this button twice to turn off the outside lights". I do plan to label the buttons, but they are pretty small. I showed my wife, and she said "You mean I don't have to remember anything? That's so cool!" There are probably other ways of doing this, but this works pretty well so far.

Which integration method are you using to speak the status through the Amazon Echo?

Comment

I am using node-red with HS4.

Comment

Working...
      X