Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Single Coolest Thing You Do with HomeSeer?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doorphone

I just finsihed working this one out.

I have a Channelplus doorphone that rings the phones when the button is pressed.
    I connected the button to a digital input.

When the DI goes high, HS sets the CallerID to Doorphone.
    HSPhone does a Caller ID match and the IVR script sends a custom message to the Doorphone instead of the usual answering machine message.

I can modify the message to time of day, home/away etc.
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
      Wow, that is a very clever idea! Naturally being a geek, I try the more complicated things such as RFID tags, Blutooth readers, or even the Wayne-Dalton Z-Wave garage door remote bridge thingy... This trumps all of those in simplicity and functionality!

Of course one complication for me is that my keychain consists of a plastic coated keyfob (RFID) for my main vehicle and a nylon bag with an emergency CPR mask in it, so there is not a whole lot of metal for me to reproduce this one - I would actually have to add keys - but I still like it very much.
      FYI

Nice to know others are doing this as well now!
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Homeseer IR kicks off Roomba.
        In essence, Homeseer can vacuum the house.

Using DBMZ's I've connect pet door open/close using pullies string and actuator
        Using DBMZ's I've connected to our powered recliners, can graph the amount of relaxation (dim %), or un-recline wife.
        Using DBMZ's and modified Add-a-Motor fully articulated vertical blind control
        Made event triggered by X10 motion sensor to squirt air freshener when cat uses cat box (2 squirts).
        Turn porch light on, unlock door when getting home using rfid tags
        Events triggered based on power readings from Aeon labs power switches
        Ir control of RGB LED Light strips from eBay.. installed in kitchen under cupboards to light counter top, they change color ever 15 minutes, motion triggers white leds and brightness then dims after no more motion - pita

Not really recommended, but my ceiling fans are replaced ceiling lights, ie one light switch for fan and light. I took lamp modules, modified to be in-line, took Leviton Fan Controller switch stuck them in the fan's canopy. It works... Then, Insteon comes out with their Fan Link. Grrr

1 DBMZ was blown up in the making, turns out they use ATTINY44 microcontrollers - which is what blew up. Attiny's run Arduino bootcode!
        Given time I'd like to learn how to hack the Zwave radio on the DBMZ and integrate with Arduino. Or make my own Zwave fanlink type device.. I have made a diagram of the DBMZ circuit board and understand it, also have spec sheet on zwave radio. Seems real simple. Is there a topic somewhere about coming up with new Zwave devices, I have a list to add to.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Mine are pretty basic, but effective. I use the SPEAK commands pretty extensively as well as email alerts. I have an event for my garage door sensor that looks at the time of day, and if sensor status=open, HS speaks "The garage door is still open, perhaps you wish to close it?" and I hear this pretty much anywhere in the house, because we have several of the mini touch screen units spread around the house. I also am kind of an old fart and have to take a lot of different medications at different times, so I have spoken reminders at different times of day and night. For example, I have to take Lipitor for the rest of my life, and take it later in the evening, so Homeseer kindly reminds me each evening at 10 PM "Greg it is time to take your Lipitor, please do not forget!". This is VERY effective! We have reminders that it is time to walk the dog, along with "be sure to bring a poop bag and clean up after her". I have one that checks if the lower level door is still open at 9 PM and if it is, a pleasant reminder to close it. I have yard lights that come on at specific times that adjust to the sunset, (As I am sure most HS users do) I have one that tells me I have worked hard enough and it's time to relax now.... The usual thermostat setback stuff and other typical events.

Like I said, nothing really cool like the dog treat machine, but HS is a very integral part of our home and it is outstanding.

Comment

Really a lot of TTS - here in Denmark where english is not our native language - my family finds the TTS to difficult to understand.

Best,
              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                Really a lot of TTS - here in Denmark where english is not our native language - my family finds the TTS to difficult to understand.

That's unfortunate! There are no Danish TTS voices? How about this one? http://www.ivona.com/us/news/latest-...-ivona-voices/ ? I find their English voices to be very good. Even if you can't use TTS you do have the perk of living in Denmark. I think I'd take that over TTS any day.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  That's unfortunate! There are no Danish TTS voices? How about this one? http://www.ivona.com/us/news/latest-...-ivona-voices/ ? I find their English voices to be very good. Even if you can't use TTS you do have the perk of living in Denmark. I think I'd take that over TTS any day.
                  There are Norwegian (and Danish) voices, but that doesn't mean I can get HomeSeer to understand norwegian.

It feels rather awkward to speak english to a computer, which in turn answers me in Norwegian.
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

HS3, the Anglocentric disease of home automation!
                    Do you mean the Kinect? Windows doesn't have support for Norwegian speech recognition? I think SR is way over rated at this point in time any way. It's getting better but still is a nightmare. I've had better luck with the Kinect than any other SR tool, and I've been actively using SR for a decade now, but it's still not perfect. For instance, yesterday I was having a conversation in my kitchen with my daughter and the Kinect in the adjoining living room thought someone asked it to lock the door. The house courteously informed us that it would lock the door for us and then proceeded to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                      Windows doesn't have support for Norwegian speech recognition?
                      Nope.
                      We are 5 million in Norway. I guess it's hard to prioritize, even if we are pretty tech savvy.

I've been playing with Cortana lately. English only, but still. Cortana is actually pretty good, and can even understand our scandinavian, broken english.
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

This thread should have been pinned a long time ago but wasn't. Time for some new posts!
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                          Doorphone

I just finsihed working this one out.

I have a Channelplus doorphone that rings the phones when the button is pressed.
                          I connected the button to a digital input.

When the DI goes high, HS sets the CallerID to Doorphone.
                          HSPhone does a Caller ID match and the IVR script sends a custom message to the Doorphone instead of the usual answering machine message.

I can modify the message to time of day, home/away etc.
                          Wow, just saw my post from 8 years ago. That was a pretty complex setup using the Channel Plus Doorphone and HSPhone with some custom scripting.

I have since switched to a Doorbird. Now when the Doorbird doorbell is pressed, I have Blueiris Video come up on the wall mounted HSTouch screens.
                          The latest iteration is having the doorbell quietly announced with the video showing on my Amazon Echo Shows using Jon00's very cool VoiceMonkey scripts.
                          The announcement on the Echo Shows is much calmer than a whole house Homeseer blast "Doorbel" or chimes.

Progress
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

DSteiNeuro Nice idea. I've been thinking on using Jon's VoiceMonkey script but didn't really have a use case. This could be one...

OK... I'll bite. My latest automation includes using Big5 to control my curtain bots via a public API to open and close my living room curtains based on both weather conditions and luminance at preset openings. I have a baby grand piano close enough to my south facing living room and the heat from the sunlight doesn't do it any favours with respect to climate changes (accoustic pianos need a stable environment to remained tuned properly). I use a zigbee luminance sensor which sits on the windows sill and a script which does all the testing. I have the event triggered on luminance changes but non-repeating unless 15 minutes go by. Otherwise, the curtain dances around all day. Very happy with this. CFO loves it too!
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Halloween. Kids can choose Kid Friendly (or whatever we call it each year) or Scary. Just haven't figured out how to automate the candy, yet. 2020 was VERY different, but used HS3 to "decontaminate" each trick-or-treater, then, occasionally we found a contaminant causing a 2319!! HS3

Halloween 2020 Decontamination - YouTube
                              Halloween 2020 -2319 Test - YouTube
                              Halloween 2019 - YouTube
                              Halloween 2012 - Our Front Door - YouTube
                              Halloween 2011 - iPhone video - YouTube
                              Halloween 2010 - Our Front Door - YouTube

Comment

I have been lacking much interest in HA, since I have been just too busy... MMA 2-3x a week, taking my kid to MMA 2-3x a week, college 6 assignments a week, work, just swapped an 02 8.1L aka 496BBC into my 78 squarebody... still finishing swap... my son with his twin turbo tahoe 5.3L in an 04 nissan 350z was almost done and caught on fire.. bad but not totaled but $10k in and $3500 trashed...

anywho...

My stuff are not awesome.. corny.. hah.. but I gotta get back into this...

Just got a washer and dryer ... LG WIFI... and they are in ThinQ app and it is pretty cool. Also Google Home has them.. so I can say.. hey Google, what is the status of the dryer and it will say... The dryer is running and has 15 minutes left.... need to see if I can integrate into HS...

Corny - This year I added an Oregon TCH-138 to my pool cuz I wanted to know how hot it was! hah...

Next up...
                                I am missing devices in HS.... so need to get them going again
                                Just got everything in for my Brultech GreenEye so need to start setting that up....

then can tinker some and maybe get somewhere...
                                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                                X