Cepstral Linux Text to Speech fonts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cepstral Linux Text to Speech fonts

I received a support ticket response back from Cepstral today and will rewrite the DIY to install the Cepstral voice fonts on the RPi or any Linux box running Homeseer 3.

07/02/2018 11:34 am

Homeseer also sold Cepstral voices at one point as well. A personal use license for Linux is $10 to $45 depending on the voice. Customers need to create an account on our store and typically open a help desk ticket to purchase the Linux voices.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.20
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Pete:

Are you talking about a Linux SERVER license? I though Linux DESKTOP licenses for Cepstral were free...

BBB

Comment

Yes I asked about purchasing a Cepstral Linux speech font. There was no mention of a free linux license.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.20
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 5.20

Comment

I'm interested in knowing how well the voice works for you - I gave up in trying to get decent TTS from Linux and instead run Win 10 under a VirtualBox VM on my Linux platform...

BBB

Comment

Yeah here was testing for those wanting a Linux MS SAPI sounding voice.

The voice sounded just fine comparing it to my collection of MS SAPI voice fonts (AT&T, Neospeech and Loquendo). I am fine with my current SAPI voice fonts.

Folks running HS3 on Linux and using the HSTouch client will like a more natural voice coming their clients running on whatever because the HSTouch clients just play back a wav file of the tts generated on the mothership.

Here do a Wintel VB on my Homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 server with four instances of speaker dot exe which goes out via the zoned audio system. The Windows tabletop HS3 clients all run the speaker client with MS SAPI with different voices and languages mostly to irritate my wife.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
          X