Newbie need help with Troller S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie need help with Troller S2

I have just received my UK Troller S2 and am struggling to get it going.

Found out it does not have internal zwave as that is only U.S. version and I had to create a new interface for the UZB that it came with. There was no instructions to do this and quick start guide assumes it is US version, but managed to get it done when support mentioned I was attempting to configure internal which I did not have, yet they did not tell me how to add the new interface but that hint from them set me on the right path. Googling, I also managed to add my first sensor, a door sensor as well as a powerplug.

Posting here as I do not find support helpful and they assume you already know what to do even when you tell them you are setting up a new device and are an absolute newbie.
    I cannot find any product documentation apart from the quick start guide and googling does not help with this issue.

I have a problem with remote access.

First, some info about my network :

I am running an Asus AC2600 with dual WAN (currently only using 1 WAN)
    3 wireless SSID/Subnets/VLANs :
    192.168.A.x VLAN X - For trusted devices (on 5GHz) + 6 LAN ports
    192.168.B.x VLAN Y - For guests (2.4Ghz), throttled bandwidth
    192.168.C.x VLAN Z - For untrusted devices (2.4Ghz) + 2 LAN ports, throttled bandwidth
    No inter-VLAN routing and also accesspoint isolation (except on trusted SSID) so no devices even on same wireless can see each other

I setup the S2 in the guest network using LAN, everything seems to work fine I could connect to it via myhs as well as the Android app.
    Discovered that local access does not require login so I turned off that option in the settings as I do not want anyone with access to the network to be able to control the zwave.
    Moved device to untrusted network (which is where it will sit until I am sure it will not perform any unauthorised activities and I am sure I have found all the settings to lockdown the S2)

S2 is only using DHCP LAN only, no wireless configured.

This is where the problem starts - After moving to untrusted network, I could not access via myhs or android app.
    Through myhs I am getting "connection has timed out", android app just throws an error.
    I am suspecting it could be my router firewall and would like some guidance on how I can open the ports (i.e. port # and direction), however, my understanding is that access through myhs will not require firewall port/router changes and I would like to maintain access through myhs if that is the case. How do I fix this to use myhs ?

How secure is exposing the web interface directly into the net and what additional "lockdowns" can I perform ?

Hope to get everything going asap. Thanks to everyone who read this post even if you are unable to advise.

For MyHS, you don't need to open up any incoming ports. The HS3 server needs to be allowed/able to make an outgoing connection to the internet, to connected.homeseer.com, port 10300. This is established when HS3 starts up and is persistent.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I discovered I can connect to Troller S2 from the outside world on the android app after an update today, but I still cannot connect if I am on my home network but on a different subnet.
      I am fine with that for now since once I have finished programming the Troller I would likely not connect to it often except when I am away from home and need to remote something. For now if needed I can switch my mobile to data and connect.

I have another issue now that I am trying to fix.
      I have two power plugs that are capable of measuring voltage, power usage etc.
      In the graph section of the Troller UI only one of those devices is available for selection in the dropdown menu and graphing is for only that device.

Both power plugs are identical and both are outputting the power data but the graphing module does not pick the info from one of them or allow me to select it (does not show up as a choice). How can I rectify this ?

Thanks in advance !

Comment

What is the interface for the power plugs - ZWave or something else?

What graphing module are you using?

Comment

Hi ! Yes interface is ZWave.
          I am just using the Energy module in the web interface of the Troller Zee S2.

Current Date/Time: 2/14/2019 6:57:00 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.500
          Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V5 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 6 Days 13 Hours 39 Minutes 46 Seconds
          Number of Devices: 29
          Number of Events: 10
          Available Threads: 399
          HSTouch Enabled: True
          Event Threads: 0
          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
          Device Exec Queue: 0
          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
          Email Send Queue: 0

Comment

Perhaps the Energy module is a plugin? What plugins do you have enabled?

Comment

Compare the Advanced Tab of the two devices. My Zen 15 is below. notice the entry for Device Type Internal. This for the child KW Hours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0zen15png.png Views:	1 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	1284959
              HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
              Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
              Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Hi drparker151,

I have compared both the device that is showing in graph and the one not showing, both seems the same. Also in the Devices home page the device that is not showing in the graph (Computer Power) seems to be updating (standing ling light whichis reporting is not currently on).

Drop down menu does not show the computer power device for selection.

In Setup I Enabled Energy Logging and Graphing, left all other values as default :
                Max size in megabytes (MB) for Energy Database 50
                Default Energy Rate (cost per KWH) 0.13 (eventually I will change this to reflect my charges here)

Last resort is to hit the Reset Energy Data button.

Stumped. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks !

Comment

I am thinking of performing the following :
                  Remove node that is not showing, reset energy data, re-add node to zwave network.
                  I am however worried that I will break even the node that is reporting and will do this only as last resort.

I plan to buy several more of these power plugs so that I can monitor power usage around the home and possibly in time to come turn off devices once they have hit some preset consumption level / cost or even dim them that is if I can get my first two to work.

Thanks for reading ! hope you can help if you have a solution !

Comment

Have you checked the z-wave tabs for both the root device and KW child device looking for differences?
                    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                    X