Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

How to change a topic title created on this board, long time ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change a topic title created on this board, long time ago?

ex.

I have created a topic that explain an issue.

If two months later I want to add ''resolved'' to the title of this topic , how do I do ?
    ---

If i try to change the topic name of an old topic, it is grayed out. And i saw some people were able to add ''resolved '' at the end of their title

Ping macromark or Rupp and they should be able to do that for you.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I can change the title for you if you post a link to the thread.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

I sent you a pm Rupp, thank you !!

Comment

It's nice that Rupp or Mark can make the changes, but almost every board allows advanced editing of a post which includes the title. Is this something that was overlooked or by design?

I would hope it was overlooked. Not only for the reasons posted above, but for anything else (e.g. typo, updated info, etc.).

cc: Rupp macromark

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
            It's nice that Rupp or Mark can make the changes, but almost every board allows advanced editing of a post which includes the title. Is this something that was overlooked or by design?

I would hope it was overlooked. Not only for the reasons posted above, but for anything else (e.g. typo, updated info, etc.).

cc: Rupp macromark
            This is exactly what I was thinking about when I ( 10 minutes ago) contacted Rupp.

I usually write fast, and I am French ( Canada), so I make typos.. lol .

Having the right to edit the title of a post would make it cleaner for people who search a turnkey solution to a specific problem.

eg. Haa, this is exactly like my problem and it is written ''resolved''. I'll take a look to the conclusion of this.

Comment

Working...
            X