How to edit device to be dimmer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to edit device to be dimmer?

I have a dimmer capable device, details below, that is being recognized as a generic switch in lieu of a multilevel switch. I search all of the other forums to see where I might request it's abilities be added to HS3/Z-Wave module but everything was specific to a specific device. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Edited to include the supported classifications.

Supported: Zwaveplus Info, Crc 16 Encap, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Device Reset Locally, Association, Association Grp Info, Powerlevel, Switch Binary, Switch All, Configuration, Scene Actuator Conf, Scene Activation, Firmware Update Md

ZLink ZL-PD-100
    http://www.zlinkproducts.com/product...rs%20Guide.pdf
    https://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/z...dule-zl-pd-100
    Last edited by gigabyte; March 7th, 2019, 06:43 PM. Reason: edited to include classifications.

Edit's aren't showing up in original post so appending the classifications here.

Supported: Zwaveplus Info, Crc 16 Encap, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Device Reset Locally, Association, Association Grp Info, Powerlevel, Switch Binary, Switch All, Configuration, Scene Actuator Conf, Scene Activation, Firmware Update Md

Comment

I believe that unless HomeSeer Engineering has a sample of the device and adds it to their DB of devices you can import, your out of luck.

Comment

I don't think the device ability is in HS database. My understanding is when you register the device - Z-Wave controller gets the abilities from the device. What Z-Wave controller are you using?

What happens if you go to device "Status Graphics" configuration and manually add 1-98 range?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1290812

Comment

Bob, I know however I've also accomplished the impossible over and over in my life. Sorry when someone tells me I can't, I move on to someone who offers an idea or insight.

Alex, thank you! That's the idea/insight I was looking for. Currently at it's default HS3 will not allow me to add a range, only single values that don't work. It's using the Honeywell chipset so it's not too far off from existing devices that I'll look to mimic/copy from in the db to alter it's config.

Comment

Originally posted by gigabyte View Post
            Edit's aren't showing up in original post so appending the classifications here.

Are these the ones reported by HS? You’d need the Multilevel Switch command class for it to be recognized as a dimmer. Have you tried rescanning it? What version of the z-wave plugin are you using?
            HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X