Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sonos hs touch integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sonos hs touch integration

    Hi All
    can anyone share some information about integrating Sonos to hs touch ?
    I would like to make a simple page with basic controls and window which shows what is playing now

  • #2
    Checkout this thread, took him 187 events, bottom line he suggests just using the Sonos app. Since the Sonos plugin creates a device with child devices and controls you could do it but will need to add each element and control.

    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ch-project-out

    EDIT: meant to say Sonos plugin not app: changed
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

    Comment


    • #3
      +1 on using the actual Sonos app. I just created a button that launches the app, and an event that causes HS to "push" that button (so I can initiate it from elsewhere, including Alexa). Since I use Android tablets, I have another event that sends a message to "Tasker" that will close the Sonos app, which will return the tablet screen to Touch (since it is still running).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
        +1 on using the actual Sonos app. I just created a button that launches the app, and an event that causes HS to "push" that button (so I can initiate it from elsewhere, including Alexa). Since I use Android tablets, I have another event that sends a message to "Tasker" that will close the Sonos app, which will return the tablet screen to Touch (since it is still running).
        Has anyone successfully launched the Sonos app from an iOS client?
        Mark

        Hometroller S6 w/ HS3Pro, Way2Call
        BLAB8SS, BL Backup, Easy Trigger, HSTouch, Open Sprinkler, SONOS, Ultra1Wire3, UltraM1G, WeatherXML, Z-Wave

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
          Checkout this thread, took him 187 events, bottom line he suggests just using the Sonos app. Since the Sonos plugin creates a device with child devices and controls you could do it but will need to add each element and control.

          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ch-project-out

          EDIT: meant to say Sonos plugin not app: changed
          Thanks
          that is a lot of work . I’ll try to do something similar but just very basic like some favorite playlists volume. Next song play pause That is what I’m missing most quick access without changing apps .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
            +1 on using the actual Sonos app. I just created a button that launches the app, and an event that causes HS to "push" that button (so I can initiate it from elsewhere, including Alexa). Since I use Android tablets, I have another event that sends a message to "Tasker" that will close the Sonos app, which will return the tablet screen to Touch (since it is still running).
            That is good idea however may not work for me . I have iOS iPads and not sure if I can do that with them plus for some reason sometimes it takes some time for Hs touch to reconnect after I change app even without logging out or turning it off

            thanks for advice

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hazy View Post

              ........it takes some time for Hs touch to reconnect after I change app even without logging out or turning it off

              thanks for advice
              I get the same on Android and find it faster to kill and restart HStouch if it has been in the background for any length of time.

              HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
              Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
              Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mark S. View Post

                Has anyone successfully launched the Sonos app from an iOS client?
                I had difficulty running another app on Android at first due to the confusion brought by the Touch button action "Load Application" having a misleading "Path" parameter label. When running a windows app on a Windows Client, the file path and name of the executable would be specified here (i.e. something like "C:\Program Files\Sonos\Sonos.exe"). However on Android, no file path is specified, just the name or title of the program (i.e. just "Sonos" w/o quotes). I suspect that iOS is done the same way. Be sure to spell the program name exactly how iOS has it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

                  I get the same on Android and find it faster to kill and restart HStouch if it has been in the background for any length of time.
                  This was also happening to me as well. Then I assigned "fixed" IP addresses to the tablet (by using my router's IP Reservation feature), and the problem went away for me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

                    This was also happening to me as well. Then I assigned "fixed" IP addresses to the tablet (by using my router's IP Reservation feature), and the problem went away for me.
                    Interesting, fixed IP on the client, I'll give it a try.
                    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X