Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ifttt latency

Hello Folks
    I am just setting up my system, I had a few false starts. I am trying to get Link Shades (https://www.linkshades.com/) to work with Homeseer. I have a virtual button in Homeseer (ON/OFF) and I want to use that to control the shades. To do this I am using IFTTT. The Applet is basic, "IF a device is turn OFF, Open the shades." When I check the applet, nothing happens, I tried checking the applet with the Virtual button ON and OFF.

I get a message "This Applet usually runs within a few hours" ; that's not automation!
    I do have a MS.homeseer account set up as well, not sure how that fits into the equation.

Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong.

How does Homesser know to send a message to the IFTTT server when the virtual button is pressed?
    How can I test the two communication channels. One between Homeseer and IFTTT, then the second between IFTTT and Link Shade.

Thanks
    Rob

IFTTT is known to be slow, but I thought the delay was minutes and not hours.

Most of these WiFi devices use an ESP8366. For the DIYer the firmware is reflashed with something like Tasmota. This provides non-cloud control, Wemo/Hue emulation for voice control and HTTP or MQTT for integration with HS or other preferred system. Very little info on the web site so can’t provide much more guidance.

Comment

Thanks, a bit too deep into the bits and bytes for me right now.

I think IFTTT can work, I just have something set up wrong . I have proved to myself the issues is the connection / link between Homeseer and IFTTT. I proved this by generating another Applet on the IFTTT site. This test Applet is : "IF the TIME is 11:30, Open the shades." This works within a few seconds of 11:30.

So does anyone have guidance about the connection between Homeseer and IFTTT. Now I am down to one question
      How does Homesser know to send a message to the IFTTT server when the virtual button is pressed? Does this have to be configured somewhere?

Comment

You need to create a Trigger in IFTTT that is linked to your HomeSeer virtual device.
        IFTTT typically responds within a few seconds.

Comment

I have a trigger in IFTTT that is linked to Homeseer.

Comment

The IFTTT is pointing to the Homeseer servers as the problem, see photo 1. It's not a latency issues, it simply does not work. In the Homeseer log I see when the virtual button is pressed, either on the hub or remotely via MyHs

I created another APPLET : " Get e-mail when Homeseer publishes a new event or trigger". It does not work either.

Did anyone else experienced this problem.
            Thanks
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X