How Do I Start Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Start Over?

I'm in the process of deciding what to do with my aging HS computer. Have considered several options and at this point I'm not looking for input on that issue.

What I need help understanding is the process of transferring my Z-Wave devices to the new server/install.
    I'm coming out of a Win 7 Ultimate install and assuming that I will be at Win 10. I have an HS SmartStick+ device and have 50 something nodes with close to 200-ish devices with my current system. (Some virtual, some Z-Wave child devices)
    In the past with X-10 the changeover was simple. Is this just as simple process or is this a "Take a week off to completely start over" ordeal?

I appreciate the input.

I've never had an issue with moving the z-wave interface to a new computer. It should be recognized as the same controller on the new system, so if you copy over your HS files, everything should still work. Is your existing system 32-bit or 64-bit? If going from 32-bit to 64-bit some of the paths may change in the HS installation (config files), but a search and replace can quickly fix that.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I might just grab the SmartStick and plug it into the upstairs laptop as a test.
      Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Should be no problem. I just moved HS3 from Win7 to a Win10 64bit setup. Clean install of Win10, installed HS3 and then copied over HS3 folder from old computer.

Works great. No issues. Really easy to move to another computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
          Should be no problem. I just moved HS3 from Win7 to a Win10 64bit setup. Clean install of Win10, installed HS3 and then copied over HS3 folder from old computer.

Works great. No issues. Really easy to move to another computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Thanks for the info.
          Most all know the angst when doing MS Win installs/reinstalls of your HS system. We've grown so dependent on it that the thought of it going down seems like end of the world.
          I appreciate the feedback srodgers & sparkman

Comment

Working...
          X