No announcement yet.

Dryer and washer event for on and off status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to revisit this threat because no matter what I do, it would not work. This is the device that I have "Dryer ZOOZ ZEN15 Power Switch". Maybe the script would work better for this purpose. Is anyone willing to share a script that I can use?

Comment

Have you tried this?

https://youtu.be/JOtAAGRMOhw

Comment

Very much like I have mine setup. I've been using ZOOZ ZEN15 for all of my appliances that contain motors and will use other ZOOZ products for motor based appliances. I love ZOOZ for mentoring appliances and they are a great company to deal with. They then feed virtual devices as you do. If I was building a house I'd likely get a GEM or something much like it.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        We have a Brultech GEM that monitors all of our breaker panel circuits and have some Zooz smart strips or Aeotec smart switches on all of our home entertainment and many other devices. We are able to break down usage of any device in the house.

Our dryer is easy, it draws at least 100 watts (up to 5KW when the heater is running) while the drum motor and blower are running so two events will suffice:

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	1299414

Other items such as the refrigerator, coffee maker, freezers and washing machine have variable periods of very low or absent current draw. For those I use 4 Events and a timer. For the washing machine a timer limit of 1 minutes will suffice, for the deep freezers I use 45 minutes. Here are the washing machine events:

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	1299416
        Click image for larger version Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	76.1 KB ID:	1299415

All of the monitored appliances have their own virtual devices. I use the virtual devices as the trigger in notification Events. For the washer and dryer a Pushover message is sent. We also have several of our HS-WD200+ dimmers and a Hue light in a night light in the living room. The dimmers and light are set to blue when the washing machine is running, red when the dryer is running and magenta when both are running. We also run a Sonos announcement as either the washing machine or dryer finishes a cycle. The announcements are:
        • The dryer just finished, the washing machine is stopped
        • The washing machine just finished, the dryer is stopped
        • The dryer just finished, the washing machine is running
        • The washing machine just finished, the dryer is running
        This way my wife knows when she needs to trek to the basement based on clothes that are in the washer/dryer. This system has worked reliably for more than 4 years and was easy to adjust for new laundry appliances last year. It is the single piece of home automation that my wife really appreciates.

Here are all of the virtual devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	764
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1299430
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

For both my washing machine and dish washer I used to have two events, one that started a time when power usage increases and another that detects when power usage drops off. Since getting EasyTrigger I just have the one event as EasyTrigger does all the work for me.

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
          But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
          I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
            For both my washing machine and dish washer I used to have two events, one that started a time when power usage increases and another that detects when power usage drops off. Since getting EasyTrigger I just have the one event as EasyTrigger does all the work for me.
            Do you mind share the events with me, for some reason, I can't get it to work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
              Do you mind share the events with me, for some reason, I can't get it to work.
              Sure here you go. The first condition is checking that the dish washer has stopped consuming power in the range of 1.5W to 3000W for 2 minutes. The second verified power usage has changed in the last 2.5 minutes (so that a false trigger does not occur if HomeSeer is rebooted). Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 11.12.02 pm.png
Views:	175
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1353929

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
              But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".

Comment

Thanks, if this works, it will save me lot of aggravation with this, I tried several things without success. Two quick questions, do you use similar event to check when it start? I see you have a time defined of 2 hours maybe because you are checking on the dish washer that has a predefined time of 2 hours? I'm trying to monitor the washing and dryer and I guess the time fluctuate.

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
                  Thanks, if this works, it will save me lot of aggravation with this, I tried several things without success. Two quick questions, do you use similar event to check when it start? I see you have a time defined of 2 hours maybe because you are checking on the dish washer that has a predefined time of 2 hours? I'm trying to monitor the washing and dryer and I guess the time fluctuate.
                  By checking that it has NOT been in the range of 1.5W to 3000W for 2 minutes that means the dishwasher WAS using power and no longer is. So in ONE shot I have detected both the start and finish, plus courtesy of EasyTrigger I am doing a NOT (which HS doesn't do) and also a timer. So a single check to do everything (versus previously I had a start event, finish event, a timer, etc).

The second clause is simply checking that there has been a change in power usage in the past 2.5 minutes (not hours) - this is so that if I reboot HS I don't get a false announcement that the dishes are finished (otherwise after a reboot it is ALSO correct that the dish washer has not used power for 2 minutes).

That's it . I do my washing machine exactly the same.

And reason I allow several minutes is both my dish washer and front loader are very efficient with power usage - so there are lengths of time during their cycles where power usage either drops very low or even drops off entirely, so I have found 2 minutes seems to allow for that. I have my Aeotec smart switch on those two devices set to provide 10 second updates for power usage (whereas all the others I think only every 10 minutes).

Comment

FWIW
                    I am late to this race, but I have X10 based system and use two, X10 PSC01 Powerflash Burglar Alarm Interface, to monitor washer and dryer current. Either PSCX01 sending out a "unit code ON" when the washer and/or dryer is running. When the washer or dryer current drops below a threshold the PSC01 sends an OFF code. The problem is when the washer is filling, or if you open the dryer door to throw in a sock, the current drops below the threshold and the PSC01 sends a premature OFF signal, which would cause Homeseer to send email, or speak a premature announcement that the wash/dry is complete.

To get around this I use one event to set a virtual flag when the appliance starts. A second event with a conditional that checks for the appliance to be OFF for "X" minutes AND the appropriate flag set. If TRUE the announcement is made and the flag is RESET. (The "X" minutes is one minute longer than the total time it takes to fill the washer, or a simple two minutes for the dryer, figuring it doesn't take long to check the clothes for dampness, etc. )

For the PSC01 triggers, I use a current clamp on one leg of the dryer cord. The PSC01 will trigger on low voltage AC, or DC, or a closure. For the wash I use an outlet strip which has one "sensed" outlet (for the washer) which turns on other outlets when the device in the sensed outlet turns on. I got the outlet strip from Duke Energy, our power company. A 120AC coil relay plugged in to the "controlled" outlet on the strip provides the closure to the washer PSC01 when the washer is drawing enough current.

I probably could have done it simpler or used a timer in place of the flag, but overall this works well.

Comment

jmedemar: how do I get this to send only one time not every 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Tj in Bristol View Post
                        One way...in your notification event, set the trigger to "virtual flag device changes and becomes OFF". It should only trigger when the device goes from on to off and not every 10 minutes.
                        -Wade

Comment

My dryer solution was different since I wrinkle prevent,

I used a ymdc sct013 (20a/1v) clip on transformer the one I used outputs voltage (not current),
                          it is clipped onto one of the 220 lines going into the dryer, it runs a led,
                          the led is mounted in a box and the homeseer light sensor is mounted on top of the box with the led,
                          this sends a pulse when starting and set the event is set so it Cannot Re-Run For: 0 Days 2 Hours 15 Minutes 0 Seconds in homeseer that is past the wrinkle prevent

Comment

Originally posted by Tj in Bristol View Post
                            I use the "Cannot re-run for" option on the bottom of the event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	1386504

Comment

Working...
                            X