Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarting Hometroller computer

Hi all-

I am having problems with my Hometroller computer. If I leave it running and don’t bother it, in about 2 weeks it stops working. If I restart the computer once a week, everything works fine.

is there a way to schedule the Hometroller to restart automatically once a week?

steve

Take a look at plugin BLShutdown, it should be able to help you. But you also might want to find out what is making it need to be restarted.

Comment

In Linux a bash script tied to a cron job would do. Set it to run weekly using whatever rules you choose.

I did this from webmin on my HS3 server running Ubuntu 18.04 whitebox vm. I can usually go 2-3 months without trouble but prefer to reboot every VM server in my home environment (11 VMs)every 2 weeks.

In windows you could schedule it to run regularly with a batch file or powershell script.

Either way you really want to make sure you shutdown the app gracefully so you don’t brick the DB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can use the restart plugin that is available. Then schedule an event to what you need. Attached is a mock up for nightly scheduled restart.

Attached Files

Comment

Brientim-

I downloaded the plugin that you suggested. Now we wait.

Thanks for the help

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X