Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CANT REGISTER NEW PIE ANNIVERSERY EDITION?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANT REGISTER NEW PIE ANNIVERSERY EDITION?

I live off the grid and use a cell hotspot for internet access. Using the emergency restore, or the PIE OS (I am using it now for this) with a wifi usb dongle, I was able to connect the PIE to the internet, but I still cant register it.. And if I cant register it, then I have an expensive paper weight. I am still waiting for my third router that is suppose to let me use android tether to supply internet to the local network. It will be here later in the week.. Any ideas? I have spent hours trying to register but I cant do it, so HomeSeer is giving me the middle finger when I try anything at all..
    Last edited by Name; May 26th, 2019, 06:49 PM. Reason: mispelled IT LoL

What error are you receiving when you try to register?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I have no internet access through the network.. I am working on addressing that issue I hope the third router shares internet access from android tether usb in place of WAN. The only way as of now, that I can connect the PI to the internet for registration, is to connect a wifi dongle and connect to cell hotspot while having keyboard mouse and monitor directly connected to the PI.. But I still have no option to register by direct access through the PI restore GUI. I cant get the network online yet,I have to connect things by wifi to the hotspot...

Comment

But when connected to LAN, I have no internet access and HomeSeer says that in order to use the software, I must register first. But I cant, LoL

Comment

Yes, you will need some internet access to register. Why not connect the Zee directly to your hot spot WiFi?
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

How? Once connected to LAN I have no way of activating the usb wifi connection through the browser GUI do i? I will look again, thanks..

Comment

Connect to raspi to a screen . Log in (don’t know the login details sorry).

See on google how to connect activate a wifi connection on a raspberri pi

chek if this is working for you :
              https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...ireless-cli.md

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                Connect to raspi to a screen . Log in (don’t know the login details sorry).

See on google how to connect activate a wifi connection on a raspberri pi

chek if this is working for you :
                https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...ireless-cli.md
                Its not that I cant connect directly to wifi from PI, I can, but I have no options to register when in the PI HomeSeer Restore GUI., In order to get to the screen that would allow registration, it seems I to need to be on a LAN in order to access the PI through its IP address. But the LAN has no internet.. The only thing I havent tried yet, is to find some direct wifi connection option in the PI LAN browser menu, maybe in setup? If there is such a thing, then I will finally be able to register after days and hours of pulling out the rest of my hair and fantasying about repairs with sludge hammers. LoL ok just kidding. So I just tried to share wifi internet connection from pc to PI and that doesnt work because I cant seem to access the HomeSeer browser even though I assigned an IP address to the LAN connection that the PI is connected to, so instead of getting the soon to be returned router back out of the box and connecting that all again, I will wait for the new router which will be here Wednesday before I brake something LoL I need to get other things done, I spent too much time and now I have a mountain of other things to get done, hopefully it arrives tomorrow Tuesday, Thanks everybody!

Comment

Ooops! Never mind, I cant access any menus because I have to register first.. LoL

Comment

Not sure but . If you set a static ip on the pi when you are connected on the lan... Maybe you’ll be able to access it from your phone after ?

not sur how it is manager when you use the phone as an access point.

if this do not work i am affraid you’ll have to wait.
                    or maybe there is a file he can modify in the hs3 folder to make it registered while he is on his phone access point internet?
                    zwolfpack

maybe you know .

Comment

If you are able to connect the Pi to the internet thru the cell phone wifi hotspot, maybe you can access the Pi thru the phone's web browser?

If the Pi is connected to the internet, it will have an IP address assigned. If you know that address, type that into the phone's web browser search box. If you don't know the IP address, go to find.homeseer.com and see if there is an entry "HS3Pi3v5". If so, click on that and you should be in business. If nothing appears on find.homeseer.com, the Pi is probably not connected to the internet. In that case we may need to login to the command line and configure networking. The login credentials are printed in the installation instructions: username homeseer password hsthsths3 (case-sensitive). The first command you'll want to run is "ifconfig" (without the quotes). For a wifi interface, you're looking for the section that starts with wlan. wlan0 is the internal wifi, so your USB dongle may appear as wlan1. If you are successfully connected, there will be a line in that section that starts with the word "inet" and there will be an IP address right after that. That is the IP address of the Pi that you want to connect to.

Example below from a Pi that is connected to Wifi but not wired Ethernet. Note the "eth0" section (the wired LAN) doesn't have the "inet" line but the wlan0 (internal wifi) does. [The "lo" section is the "loopback" interface and can be ignored].

Code:
                      ifconfig
                      eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
                              ether b8:27:eb:32:21:14  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
                              RX packets 639604  bytes 728640491 (694.8 MiB)
                              RX errors 0  dropped 4499  overruns 0  frame 0
                              TX packets 322444  bytes 97961581 (93.4 MiB)
                              TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
                              inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
                              inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
                              loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
                              RX packets 136  bytes 10731 (10.4 KiB)
                              RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
                              TX packets 136  bytes 10731 (10.4 KiB)

wlan0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
                              inet 192.168.1.118  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255
                              inet6 fe80::f1cd:3a5b:169c:5c9c  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
                              ether b8:27:eb:67:74:41  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
                              RX packets 735654  bytes 241589488 (230.3 MiB)
                              RX errors 0  dropped 79285  overruns 0  frame 0
                              TX packets 299360  bytes 223126585 (212.7 MiB)

Comment

Wow thats heavy.. I will try this later tonight when I return.. I have not tried to access HomeSeer through the mobile phone browser yet, thanks everybody!

Comment

Hi! First I tried the login from mobile phone, and the PI by itself will not connect to anything, so then I tried to go into the PI and make the suggested changes, but it didnt like the login and/or password. So I tried a few more times just to be sure, then I tried the user id and password on the bottom of the PI and it gave me the middle finger. So I tried that a few times as well.. Then I tried to find the information in the start up paper work that came with it and I cant seem to find anything this technical containing user and password info for the PI OS. I am using the getting started guide... Well the router arrives tomorrow and I sure hope it works.. LoL

Comment

thanks so much for all the help everybody! If the router doesnt work, i'll be back as calm as possible LoL

Comment

Reading thru the thread, not sure if this was clear...

Where I was referring to logging into the command line, an attached HDMI monitor and USB keyboard is required for these steps.

Comment

Working...
                              X