Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireplace Dry Contact switch?

Hello,

I've got a fireplace that only has dry contact wires, and a normal switch, touch the wires together, and the fireplace starts... stop touching wires together, and the fireplace stops...

My problem is, I do not have 120v available. So it makes it difficult to hook up a normal dry contact switch.

Do I have any options here? Would be nice to be able to initiate stuff as part of a scene or something. I am pretty flexible on what it is, just looking for a good solution that will work with HomeSeer

Thanks,

Michael

What power do you have available? Or, are you wanting battery power?

Comment

A magnet and Reed switch make for good passive control of dry contact, but as logbuilder asked it is not clear the constraints you have. Can you run wires and if not then how are you going to communicate to the device that will control the dry contact?

Comment

Is there not 120V at the fireplace itself? Perhaps you could put something there.
        HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
          What power do you have available? Or, are you wanting battery power?
          I've got zero power, matter a fact, I believe the fire place runs on battery power.. (No pilot light),

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            A magnet and Reed switch make for good passive control of dry contact, but as logbuilder asked it is not clear the constraints you have. Can you run wires and if not then how are you going to communicate to the device that will control the dry contact?
            Trying to find if there is any battery powered Z-wave devices at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Is there not 120V at the fireplace itself? Perhaps you could put something there.
              Yeah that is a possibility to run a 120v line down, and just terminate it myself. Good news is my house is a single story house.. So that is very possible.

Comment

CT-100 battery powered zwave thermostat

Comment

I had to run 120v from a nearby outlet and used the Remotec ZWave Dry Contact Fixture placed inside an electrical box to add my fireplace to HS3. Here are the Amazon link and a few pics:

https://www.amazon.com/Remotec-Zwave-Contact-Fixture-Module/dp/B00913ATFI

Comment

Working...
                  X