Z-wave multi sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-wave multi sensor

I have Z-wave motion sensors in my garage, and they instantly trigger when motion is sensed. The S6 pro and zstick easily use this signal to trigger events. How do I get the luminescence value to read out at a regular interval so I can use a defined light level to trigger an event (set a virtual device "on" when light level falls below a specific value). The battery operated sensor works fine, and does send out temperature, lux levels, humidity, and motion, but not at a regular interval (except motion).

You need to provide device details. There are dozens of Z-Wave multi-sensors each somewhat different.

Comment

The device is a "NEO Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor Z Wave Detector" part number NAS-PD02ZU. As I stated above, the motion sensor works well (in my garage), but I cannot find any information on setting PIR sensitivity, or sending light (lux) levels at regular intervals. Since the device runs on batteries only, I'm guessing that it cannot continue transmitting long data streams regularly (battery life).
      Are there devices that are 120V powered to allow continuous transmitting of light level?
      Thanks

Comment

I have one of the Neo units, you should find the parameters in the documentation (or on a website somewhere). You can set some of the parameters if it is the same version as one of mine but they do not give the same amount of functionality as you would get from the similar looking Fibaro unit.

I have the Fibaro units sending me temp data on a five minute interval (I think from memory) and I get about 6 months battery out of them which is acceptable to me, but as you suggest the more transmission the lower the battery life.

As to line powered units then I think the AeoTec ones can be but not sure on others.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Unfortunately, the unit doesn't come with any information as to setting parameters. This device doesn't support bi-directional communication unless I'm missing something. The message inside the "zwave tab" inside devices for this sensor states:

Error: The device home support Garage Light level garage wall is not a normally listening node, and an attempt to communicate with it has failed. To use the functions on this page, please make sure the device is awake and ready to receive a command prior to selecting the function buttons below.

Comment

My Aeotec Multi-sensor in the garage has a USB port and it runs off a 5v cube.
            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
            Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
            BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by P Dawson View Post
              Unfortunately, the unit doesn't come with any information as to setting parameters. This device doesn't support bi-directional communication unless I'm missing something. The message inside the "zwave tab" inside devices for this sensor states:

Error: The device home support Garage Light level garage wall is not a normally listening node, and an attempt to communicate with it has failed. To use the functions on this page, please make sure the device is awake and ready to receive a command prior to selecting the function buttons below.
              All battery devices must be woken up before HS can communicate with them. Look up the documentation for the device and see how to wake it up. Then you can query the parameters and set the parameters for the device. The parameters will be in the documentation. They will be numeric and provide a value for the various settings and the byte size. Then you can wake up the device and set the parameters from the HS device page.

Comment

Originally posted by P Dawson View Post

Firstly as mentioned the device needs to be awake to set the commands (line powered devices don't need this), the device manual is probably this one - https://www.cd-jackson.com/zwave_dev...-Zwave-Neo.pdf

The device does not appear certified (not really a surprise considering its origins) on the Z-Wave certified DB (https://products.z-wavealliance.org/regions) which is why you will not find the friendly way of changing the parameters in HS. You will end up manually setting the parameters but it should be possible.
                My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

There is a button next to the battery. Press it 3 times immediately prior to pressing SET button on HS web page. Most of parameter settings are the same as https://www.domeha.com/z-wave-motion-sensor

Comment

Great info all; I'll do some tinkering to see what I can accomplish,
                    Thanks very much,
                    Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X