System Help with HSTouch Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Help with HSTouch Designer

My computer crashed and I reinstalled my backup files. But it I apparently did not do a current backup of my HSTouch files. Is there any way I can download from a existing working android device that is working fine the XML file. Right now the HStouch PC files do not have the correct events assigned to the icons and some are missing altogether. I have a new phone and and what I have to upload to it is incorrect.

The HSTouch files are stored in "Documents" in a folder named "My HSTouch Projects" by default. Are you sure they did not get backed up?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

That is where I got the file I was able to retrieve. It was not correct.

Comment

I found the lastest file and it has all the screens in it but all the events that are assigned to the icons on the screens are missing.

Comment

Is there a way to download config file from a working device. I have the Homeseer display.

Comment

It's been done, but it's not easy
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...evice?t=162134
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I've been working on the touch designer all morning and have saved and uploaded to my ipad.All was great until I had to reboot.When reopening my touch project it looks like it's yesterdays desingn.I guess it never saved.Does designer save any backups in the background?

Comment

If it is a IOSdevice and jailbroken then it is easy. I posted a how to when folks were losing their HSMobile config files. Same process for HStouch .xml file.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...24#post1399824

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kellermix View Post
                  I've been working on the touch designer all morning and have saved and uploaded to my ipad.All was great until I had to reboot.When reopening my touch project it looks like it's yesterdays desingn.I guess it never saved.Does designer save any backups in the background?
                  HSTouch does not let me close the file until I have saved it, so I would be surprised if it was not saved. To be extra careful, I have adopted an SOP that before I alter an HSTouch project I save the project with a new version number and do my modifications on the new file. That way I can confirm that it is saved, and I can easily revert to the previous version if I screw something up.

Comment

The updated design is also saved on to the client when you upload it. You can copy that XML file over to your HSDesigner computer.6

These days have moved my working Windows OS to a Windows 2016 RDP server which can be accessed by my Windows or Linux computers.

Personally Windows 2016 is a no fluff version of Windows 10 Pro. Just read that Microsoft isn't removing the fluff as it upgrades Windows 10.

There has been chit chat that Windows 10 upgrades sometimes change installed software and updates drivers et al.

I have a Windows 10 HP tablet that keeps losing it's touch drivers with every Windows 10 update so I keep a copy of the old drivers on the desktop.

All of the work files stay there and use a mapped NAS drive directory for safe keeping.

Windows 2016 is running on a Lenova Tiny computer picked up for around $80 refurbished / off lease.

Click image for larger version  Name:	W2016.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	1417143
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                    HS4 Pro - V4.1.10.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
                    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                    X