Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayer View Post
    Iveatch
    Thanks for the PM, currently working through.

Regards

Liam
    I got to thinking. The Perl script could run on you PI3 as Perl should already be there. It communicates with homeseer via both the JSON and ASCII interfaces.

Comment

You guys know there's a free influxdb plugin, right? Install in hs3, configure and go. 5 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
        You guys know there's a free influxdb plugin, right? Install in hs3, configure and go. 5 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        Nope... I don’t know about the influx plugin or it’s name... where, who?

thanks!

Comment

The forum discussion is here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...istence-plugin

And the plugin repository is here: https://github.com/dk307/HSPI_InfluxDBPersistence

I've been using it on my Windows 10 machine with influxdb running under WSL (Windows subsystem for Linux) on the same Win 10 machine, along with Node-Red. So far, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
            Here's my work in progress dashboard using Grafana, Telegraf and the mcsMQTT plugin to send HS3 values and status.

Hi i'am new on HomeSeer i'am trying to display my CCTV camera (ZoneMinder) on my grafana dashboard !
            could you give me some help please ( Steps to follow) ?

Comment

lveatch Could you share how you configured your telegraf.conf file? Specifically what input did you choose to ingest the information from your Perl script?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberRad View Post
                lveatch Could you share how you configured your telegraf.conf file? Specifically what input did you choose to ingest the information from your Perl script?
                Sure.

Here is the homeseer.ascii.interface.conf file contents located in /etc/telegraf/telegraf.d specific to the perl script. It starts a localhost listener on port 8094.
                Code:
                # # Generic socket listener capable of handling multiple socket types.
                 [[inputs.socket_listener]]
                #   ## URL to listen on
                   service_address = "tcp://:8094"
                   read_timeout = "30s"
                   data_format = "influx"

My telegraf.conf file contents.
                Code:
                [global_tags]

# Configuration for telegraf agent
                [agent]
                  interval = "10s"
                  round_interval = true
                  metric_batch_size = 1000
                  metric_buffer_limit = 10000
                  collection_jitter = "0s"
                  flush_interval = "10s"
                  flush_jitter = "0s"
                  precision = ""
                  debug = false
                  quiet = false
                  logfile = "/var/log/telegraf/telegraf.log"
                  hostname = ""
                  omit_hostname = false

[[outputs.influxdb]]
                   urls = ["http://influx-server:8086"]
                   database = "telegraf"
                   namedrop = ["hs_*"]

[[outputs.influxdb]]
                   urls = ["http://influx-server:8086"]
                   database = "homeseer"
                   namepass = ["hs_*"]

The perl script sends telegraf's influx line protocol to the localhost's telegraf listener (localhost:8094) which forwards to my influx instance at http://influx-server:8086. As the tags are prefixed with "hs_", the data is sent to my homeseer influx database rather then the default telegraf database.

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post

Sure.

Here is the homeseer.ascii.interface.conf file contents located in /etc/telegraf/telegraf.d specific to the perl script. It starts a localhost listener on port 8094.
                  Thanks! I was missing the input as most of my telegraf deployments are local.

Comment

lveatch You have an image of a graph showing z-wave changes per hour. Did you right a query for each device or do you have a query which grabs all the devices and applies the label? If the later, I could you share the query?
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    242 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    37 Events
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                    Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                      lveatch You have an image of a graph showing z-wave changes per hour. Did you right a query for each device or do you have a query which grabs all the devices and applies the label? If the later, I could you share the query?
                      That graph does not use my homeseer influx db, rather my instance of graylog (graylog.org). Amoung other logs, I send my homeseer log entries to graylog.

Comment

Working...
                      X