HVAC Time of Use programming help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC Time of Use programming help needed

I searched, but didn’t find a clear answer. I’m hoping someone will take the time to help me out. I’m not very HS savvy. I’m on a Time of Use electricity program. Basically, they charge extra for electricity used between 3-7pm, M-F (excluding holidays). I need to program HS to PreCool my house before.3pm on hot days, and switch off the AC until 7pm (unless the temp gets out of hand, in which case I would want it to run again). I can’t seem to get it right. I get lost in the chain of events and group conditions. I don’t know if I need a plug-in to make it easier? I also don’t see how to incorporate outside temp data. I don’t have a weather station, but was thinking a weather plugin? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and apologize if this has been covered....I can’t find it? Thank you

There is a few weather plugins, and that is where you would get the outside temp, unless you put a multi sensor outside. Then, you’d have to have a zwave tstat. This post should probably be in the hvac area. You’d probably not want to turn the unit off during this time, you’d just want to set the temp up two degrees.
    then it’s just a simple if time event. For detailed event help, you’d post in the event clinic. And I wouldn’t worry about group actions, just an event.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillon View Post
      I searched, but didn’t find a clear answer. I’m hoping someone will take the time to help me out. I’m not very HS savvy. I’m on a Time of Use electricity program. Basically, they charge extra for electricity used between 3-7pm, M-F (excluding holidays). I need to program HS to PreCool my house before.3pm on hot days, and switch off the AC until 7pm (unless the temp gets out of hand, in which case I would want it to run again). I can’t seem to get it right. I get lost in the chain of events and group conditions. I don’t know if I need a plug-in to make it easier? I also don’t see how to incorporate outside temp data. I don’t have a weather station, but was thinking a weather plugin? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and apologize if this has been covered....I can’t find it? Thank you
      Hey Dillon,
      Glad you posted this as I’m currently in the middle of trying to figure the same thing out. At the moment, I have used the EasyTrigger plugin to setup each of the different TOU schedules (Super Off Peak, Off Peak, On Peak) which will allow me to evaluate if it is entering, in the time or exiting the time. I have an Ecobee so I have that plugin. I am also going to be using my security system plugin to evaluate if any of the windows are open. I had to buy some more window sensors as they aren’t typically installed on upstairs windows. They are less expensive than z-wave window sensors plus they add just that much more to the security system. As for testing if it is a holiday or not, you can use the events that rprade created for holidays. I believe he posted them in the How To section of the forum.

If you use some of these above mentioned plugins, it should help reduce the number of confusing and difficult to create events. I still need to install and setup the new window sensors, so I don’t have any events to share yet but we can post back here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Working...
      X