Interactive floorplan in HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive floorplan in HSTouch

I'd like to set up some wall-mounted tablets that would show my floorplan, with status of sensors and devices displayed, and the ability to tap to control them. I see references around to older Jon00 and Blade plugins that look like they would do this, but I don't see anything current. Is there a reasonable way to do this in HS3?

Originally posted by kapppa View Post
    I'd like to set up some wall-mounted tablets that would show my floorplan, with status of sensors and devices displayed, and the ability to tap to control them. I see references around to older Jon00 and Blade plugins that look like they would do this, but I don't see anything current. Is there a reasonable way to do this in HS3?
    There is a free software called Sweethome 3D that you can create your floor plan in and then export it to a graphic that you can place in your HSTouch screen. Then just place your device status on top of the floor plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Originally posted by kapppa View Post
      Hello Kyle
      I seem to have understood that you would like to do something like this that I will show you in the screenshot. If so, I can help you. I am the CEO of RenderCAD Srl a small company in Italy that deals with architectural services (2D, 3D rendering) training, security, home automation and more. I am an architect and I can help you create those plans of your home (for free) but I need a copy of your cadastral plan that I can turn into an image after having redesigned it with CAD so that you can use it to insert the background in the "device" section status "and put the devices on it without using any plugins. Not long now but if you don't have immediate urgency I can try to help you. (www.myhomedomotica.com)
      Massimo-RenderCAD
      Attached Files

Comment

+1 with regard to what The Profit said. There's a lot more information on this screen, but the floor plan part was created with SweetHome 3D. It's pretty easy to use and you can get some really nice looking renderings from it. Plus it's FREE!

Once you have your rendering, you can use a drawing program (I use Photoshop) to create buttons from the picture.

Not only can status information be displayed - ie: the doors/windows are green and change to red when open, but you can make it interactive. On mine, when you tap on any room, that light toggles. Same with the garage doors, or the TV. In this example, the kitchen light, one of the nightstand lights, and a ceiling fan shows on. Everything else is off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-21-12-52-55.png Views:	0 Size:	879.9 KB ID:	1395588

Comment

Working...
        X