How to find a Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a Plugin?

Is there a way to search for plugins in the "Additional Interfaces" area? Or do I have to go to one category to another looking for it?

Are you looking for a specific plug-in and you know its name?

If you have no idea which category it's in, then doing as you describe will probably get you there fairly quickly - or you might try doing a 'Find' from the browser menu and look for the category it's in on the Board to see if that helps. If that isn't enough to find it, you could also post a question in its forum for guidance.

If you are wondering if there is a plug-in that does something specific, but are not sure what it's called, then a post on this board asking for input is probably the best option.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Does this help?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...in-list-viewer
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Does this help?
        Now I KNOW I'm getting old. I remember seeing this discussion (now ).

It's ironic, to say the least, that the solution is no easier to find than the original target. Thank goodness for this Board - and your creativity, Jon!

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          Are you looking for a specific plug-in and you know its name?

If you have no idea which category it's in, then doing as you describe will probably get you there fairly quickly - or you might try doing a 'Find' from the browser menu and look for the category it's in on the Board to see if that helps. If that isn't enough to find it, you could also post a question in its forum for guidance.

If you are wondering if there is a plug-in that does something specific, but are not sure what it's called, then a post on this board asking for input is probably the best option.
          I was looking for a specific plugin. I figured there had to be a better way than searching each category. Apparently someone else has come up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Thanks. I will check it out.
            Just some feedback here. I tried a search here for "Plugin search" and "Addon search" and you post did not come up. You might want to put those terms in the title so people can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamr View Post
              Just some feedback here. I tried a search here for "Plugin search" and "Addon search" and you post did not come up. You might want to put those terms in the title so people can find it.
              Another irony! Finding Jon's creations is not easier than finding anything else - unless you know the trick: click on his signature in his post above.

Comment

If you know the name of the specific plugin do search using find in the browser or else go with the method you described.

Comment

Working...
                X