Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not connect after Upgrade Rrouter

Hi all,

I recently updated my home network by installing an EdgeRouter.

Ever since then, the only way to access my home HS3 via HSTouch (using the myHS.homeseer service) is to be on the outside of the lan or use a VPN when at home.

And when I am able to finally connect;
    • Using an android: I get a message
      • “Connecting to 192.168.x….
      • and then a “blue screen” saying “This HSTouch client app is designed ONLY for HomeSeer users who have a license (..which I do have).
    • If I using the Iphone: I receive a red message saying ” HSTouch is unable to connect to your system”

I also receive an error ("Unexpected error") when using the HomeSeer Mobile app.

Everything worked fine before the (router) upgrade so I think there is a configuration issue at the router but I am lost as to what that might be.

Any advice or Ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Did you change the Server Port on the HS3 to something other that port 80? I so you need to open that port to HS3.on your router. In HS3 go to set up, network and you can find the server port on that page.

Comment

I also have an edgerouter. I can only log-in outside the lan from myhomeseer. For local use, I set up server 2 and use that. On mobile devices, I have it ask me how I want to connect. On all tablets that stay home, I default to server 2.

Did you split your wired and wireless into subnets? You have to add those subnets to tools -> setup network if you did.

Do you also have this checked in setup? Automatically create HSTouch users authenticated through MyHS.

Comment

Thanks for your input.

Bigstevep -> As for the Server Port, I originally had it on port 80, and decided to try it on port 88 - it made no difference.

AllHailJ, -> what do you mean by server 2?

Comment

on HStouch you can set up multiple servers in the settings on the mobile device

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
            I also have an edgerouter. I can only log-in outside the lan from myhomeseer. For local use, I set up server 2 and use that. On mobile devices, I have it ask me how I want to connect. On all tablets that stay home, I default to server 2.

Did you split your wired and wireless into subnets? You have to add those subnets to tools -> setup network if you did.

Do you also have this checked in setup? Automatically create HSTouch users authenticated through MyHS.
            Johnny, I thought I saw somewhere within the various threads that "Automatically create HSTouch users authenticated through MyHS" was suppose to be unselected? which is it and why?

Out of curiosity are you able to login via the My HomeSeer connection within the HS3Touch app, I seem to get "Login to MyHS screen" where I re-enter the username and password but then I get "Could not authenticate, check username and password in HS Touch setting" which are identical to what I entered both times.. what am I missing? Mike
            Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
            Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
            HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I have different logins for users and myHomeSeer. I have the Automatically create HSTouch users authenticated on my system. I read the bubble text early on and thought I needed it. I turned it off tonight and I am still able to connect via LAN and myhomeseer. I do have no passwords required for local login. Did you set the username and password on the tablet or phone in the settings of hstouch. I remember it was a little odd getting everything set up correctly the first time. I had to remove and reinstall to get the application to load so I could load the project.

Comment

Johnny, thanxs for the comeback.

I've left my "Automatically create HSTouch users authenticated through MyHS" to not selected based on some users getting uninvited users even thought HS indicated that they were developing a fix.

I also have "no passwords required for local login" which makes sense.

Did you set the username and password on the tablet or phone in the settings of hstouch.
                yes I did, I used my MyHS remote credentials which seems not to properly connect even though if I try the same via my browser it works correctly instead; I get the pop to reenter both again.

Through my local connection I'm able to connect and update my project, but I think I will uninstall and reinstall to ensure that I've not corrupted anything.
                Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                X