Creating a Button to Control a Macro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Button to Control a Macro?

I'm sure this is incredibly simple, but I can't seem to figure out how to create a button to toggle all of my outside lights on and off. What am I missing?

Originally posted by dlmerchant View Post
    I'm sure this is incredibly simple, but I can't seem to figure out how to create a button to toggle all of my outside lights on and off. What am I missing?
    A button to be displayed where?

Jim Speiser
    35-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Comment

I do this with an event that does the toggling. Without knowing more about your light switches (model, technology) it's not possible to offer more specific direction.
      You can create a button in HSTouch with the 'Action when pressed' to run the event. Is that what you want to do?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Uncle Michael - Thanks for the guidance. I ended up creating a "dummy" device called "Turn on Exterior Lights Button" and then created an event as you suggested using "action when pressed". However, the button doesn't show up in HomeSeer Mobile. The box that says "hide device from mobile views" is not checked. Any thoughts?

Comment

I have very limited experience with HS Mobile. If you post that question on the HS Mobile forum I'm sure you'll get better guidance than I can provide.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X