This device has been/for at least... with a dimmable device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This device has been/for at least... with a dimmable device

I have three high powered outdoor infrared heaters in an veranda. They are connected to a Lutron HomeWorks QS system using a special controller that accepts dimming inputs. So I can set a heater to 50% power, etc. Now there could be a possibility that someone leaves one on by accident. I want to be notified if the heater is left on for more than 1 hour.

So I setup an event to run trigger Every 30 minutes AND this device has been/for at least and set it for On and 1 hour. Problem is it only works if I run the device at 100%. Originally I thought ON meant any level above 0%, but it seems to mean 100% only.

Aside from creating and setting a virtual device when a heater is turned on at 1% or above, is there a way to have this trigger at 1% or greater directly without all those extra events?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

EDIT: Apologies, I now see there is an events specific board. Seems I can't delete this and post there.

in the EasyTrigger plugin there are some triggers and conditions that let you use ranges instead of a single value

This device has been in range [1:100] for at least X minutes

Comment

Have you tried the condition that the device is not off?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Have you tried the condition that the device is not off?
        Unfortunately ‘Not Equal to Off” cannot be used to trigger in a “For at least” action. An Easy Trigger range Trigger/Condition is a solution that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          in the EasyTrigger plugin there are some triggers and conditions that let you use ranges instead of a single value

This device has been in range [1:100] for at least X minutes
          Wow. Didn't even consider that. Thanks so much! Will try it today.

UPDATE: Worked perfectly. Also simplified a lot of my other events, purchased a license, well worth it!

Comment

Working...
          X