Linux mono update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux mono update.

Has anyone installed the latest stable mono (6.8.0.123)? I am installing now and will see what happens and report back.

Seems good here. Ubuntu 19.10

Ubuntu 20.04 seems to be supported by the stable Mono release now !! I guess i’ll update ubuntu soon.

Comment

Might be better to wait a little : https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/...ment-626915543

Comment

Appears to be working on 18.04. Starting values for memory usage seem to be about 70MB lower on startup. 760 v 830 total memory use including o/s. Attached is the memory change on reboot. Not expecting the change in the Z-Wave process. I also kill the WXML file every night or it gets huge in a hurry. Will have to shut this off and see if it is fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	memory.png
Views:	128
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	1384932

I also have been re-nicing the z-wave and hsconsole processes. I seem to get slightly better performance and response (anecdotal only). nice set to -10 and -12 respectively.

Comment

Committed now. I know the msbuild dll's compiled and I have no c# scripts. I'm being an optimist right now.

Comment

I just finished upgrading my Debian "Buster" to 10.4 released May 9th, 2020 as well as Mono 6.8.0.123. The HS4 Zigbee PI v4.0.6.0 (Beta) is a little broken now.
            It starts and runs but with the following errors:

2020-05-12 11:52:27 PM Zigbee Error Error while discovering supported attributes for basic cluster for node ZigBeeNode [IEEE=00124B001E728770, NWK=0x02F9, Type=ROUTER]
            2020-05-13 12:35:47 AM Zigbee Error 761: Error while discovering supported attributes for cluster On/Off on endpoint 761/1
            2020-05-13 12:35:47 AM Zigbee Error Cannot find node mapping for Ieee_address 00124B001E728770

The PI instance sometimes sends commands to the devices, but after a PI stop/start it may or may not. Also, when it does send they respond but sometimes the status of the devices does not update. Again, after a stop/start the status might start working or, the PI may decide to not send at all. It also fails to terminate when shutting down HS4 via either the Linux Tools or the HomeSeer systemd service which is using ExecStop=/usr/local/HomeSeer/hsstop.sh. Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 and Insteon 3.0.7.8 are working fine although the Insteon PI takes its sweet time terminating on shutdown.

HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.10.0 (Linux - Debian 10) running on Lenovo ThinkCenter
            Plugins: Z-Wave
            HA 2020.12.1 running on HP ProDesk
            Add-ons: AccuWeather, Adaptive Lighting, Alexa Media Player, COVID-19, Geofency, Google Cast, HACS, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, Nest, OpenWeather, OpenZWave, SpeedTest, Ubiquiti UniFi, Zigbee
            Integrations: AppDaemon, Duck DNS, Entiry Controller, File Editor, Google Drive Backup, Home Panel, Mosquitto, NGINX SSL Proxy, Samba, TasmoAdmin, Terminal SSH, motionEye
            OpenZWave 1.6 running on RPi3B+ with RaZberry controller

Comment

After loading the new mono, I thought I would share my memory use graph again. This version seems to have fixed the memory leak associated with WeatherXML. I was killing WeatherXML once a day by event to keep it under control.

Click image for larger version

Name:	memory.png
Views:	91
Size:	384.7 KB
ID:	1391767

Comment

Working...
              X