Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to activate a garagedoor in combination with a virtual switch,showing it's status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to activate a garagedoor in combination with a virtual switch,showing it's status

Greetings,

Can someone help me with the following events and status update in a virtual device?

-Garagedoor is activated (close and open) with a fibaro zwave relais, which gives a 1 second pulse to the electronics to activate the garage door.
    -There are 2 sensors; one at the bottom and one at the top.
    -It takes 12 seconds for the garage to fully open or close

*bottom sensor is active > door is closed
    *bottom sensor is not active > door is not closed , can be open, but also be partially open.
    *Top sensor is active > door is fully open
    *Top sensor is not active > door is not fully open , can be closed or partially open.

I would like to have a virtual switch which shows 3 status: Open - transit - closed. But I also like to use this virtual device to Open or close the garagedoor.
    Anyone can help me with this ?

Many thanks,
    Cor

So this would take 3 events and the creation of a virtual device.

If bottom sensor is active
    Set virtual device to closed

If top sensor is active
    Set virtual device to open

if bottom sensor is not active
    and if top sensor is not active
    set virtual device to Transit.

You could also use a timer to check between open and close time that sets a virtual device to determine if it is moving

if bottom sensor is not active
    and if top sensor is not active
    andif timer is lt 12
    set virtual device to moving.

Comment

AllHailJ : thank you, that is the easy part.

What about the virtual device, if I create a Virtual device, I only have on-off.
      If I use the virtual device as the status ,how do I also use this status-virtual switch to controll the garage door.

Thanks?
      Cor

Comment

You can add any status you wish to the virtual device. Lets call it activate door

if virtual device changes and becomes activate door
        then activate relay.

You then use control on the gui to select or if you are in hstouch you create a button based on the virtual device

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
          AllHailJ : thank you, that is the easy part.

What about the virtual device, if I create a Virtual device, I only have on-off.
          If I use the virtual device as the status ,how do I also use this status-virtual switch to controll the garage door.

Thanks?
          Cor
          For Virtual Device configuration, look here.

For control vs status, you can configure a control value that is different from a status value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	76
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1388239

Name:	capture1.png
Views:	58
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1388240

You will have to set the status of the virtual device with immediate scripts.

Comment

Doesn't it make more sense to use only one control on a garage door? You activate/toggle the garage door. If open it closes, if closed it opens. If you have both open and close controls you end up writing additional events or am I missing something?

Comment

rprade : thank you exactly what I was looking for. The last part of your message says to use scripting, that is something I am not able to do. I used spud plugin easytrigger , to set device to variable. This works as far as I can see as expected , or am I missing here something?

Name:	2020-05-26 08_23_12-Event.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1388612
              Only thing I didn't think of , how to include this switch it in imperihome:
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...home-dashboard

AllHailJ :
              Doesn't it make more sense to use only one control on a garage door? You activate/toggle the garage door. If open it closes, if closed it opens. If you have both open and close controls you end up writing additional events or am I missing something?
              Yes and no, if you just want to controll it yes and you actually see the door.
              In my case , when I am not near the garagedoor and I want to make sure it is closed , independent what the status of the virtual switch says. Or for example when I secure my house, I don't want to toggle the garage door , I want to make sure it is closed.

Many thanks,
              Cor
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X