Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn on Samsung TV

Hello ,

Anyone know if it is possible to turn on a Samsung TV when it is on Standby mode? In my livingroom I have a Harmony hub for my other Samsung Tv and I use the remote to controll everything. But in my Fitnessroom I just want the TV to turn on (and off), is there a way, or do I have to buy a second Harmony hub?

Thanks,
    Cor

You can press the on/off button on the TV or use the remote that came with the TV... But I guess since you are asking on this forum you probably want to automate it, like you open the door to your gym and you want the TV to come on? I believe there is a plugin that allows you to control Samsung TVs. Check there. If that is not what you want then please clarify what exactly you try to achieve.

Comment

Yes, i want to turn on the tv via an event.

do you have an idea which plugin can do this?

Thanks,
      Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
        Yes, i want to turn on the tv via an event.

do you have an idea which plugin can do this?

Thanks,
        Cor
        MediaController should be able to. It’s free. You may need to enable “Network Standby” or something similarly named in the TV’s setup menu.
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Btw, you might still consider the Harmony Hub anyways. Sometimes you can get them for as cheap as $50, if you are patient. The nice thing is that they integrate well with HS. For HS3 I purchased the Harmony plugin but HS4 Pro actually has it built in so there isn't any extra cost for it. Also, I have Alexa devices in each room so you can actually use Alexa to turn the TV on, switch channels, etc. That's especially convenient in a gym so you don't have to reach for the remote.

Comment

I actually use a Global Cache IR controller since I need it to turn on both the TV and my Bell Fibe box. I have a IR blaster under an end table which points to the two. It works quite well. I've even incorporated Jon's helper and can get Alexa to turn on and ask me what channel I would like. I use this often when I walk into my family room. Didn't know about the MediaController. Will need to give that a try for the other Samsung TVs in the house.. Thanks.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I have 2013 & 2015 Samsung models. On these the network interfaces are shut down when powered off. So they can be shutdown over the net but not started up.

Comment

I have a 2009 Sammy that I control with RS-232 commands via the ex link or service port. Not sure about newer ones. Does it have a 1/8" stereo mini-plug jack on the back?

Can power on and off or any other command via serial port from HS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

sparkman The plugin sees the TV , and also the status of the TV , but I can't controll it . Also don't see a setting on the TV for : "network standby"
                  Just this setting:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_091611.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1389877
                  Anyone has an idea or another setign on the TV?

@ zwolfpack : this is a series 7 , think model 19 or so .

srodgers : where does this cable needs to run to ? to a computer? that won't be possible unfortunately.

@ mulu & @ langenet : I allready have a Harmony Hub and will buy a second one when there is no other choice. This TV only has to power on , nothing else. If I can do this without spending money. For the Global cache IR , I would prefer than amother Hamrony hub , just to have the most devices identic.

Thanks,
                  Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                    sparkman The plugin sees the TV , and also the status of the TV , but I can't controll it . Also don't see a setting on the TV for : "network standby"
                    Just this setting:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_091611.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1389877
                    Anyone has an idea or another setign on the TV?

Thanks,
                    Cor
                    That setting should be it. Can you turn the tv on from their app (I’m assuming thy have one given the name of the setting.). I would post in the MediaController plugin section of the forum as Dirk (dcorsus) may have some ideas.
                    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

sparkman : that was a good idea. I downloaded a samsung remote controll app. The app confirmed it uses wifi or lan , and I also made sure there was no line of sight and I was able to turn on/off the tv with my phone.

To the medicontroller forum
                      Thanks,
                      Cor

Comment

Let us know what you learn there. I won't be using this but maybe somebody else does.

Comment

mulu : getting close:
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...msung-tv/page2

Cor

Comment

Working...
                          X