How do I delete a room or a floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I delete a room or a floor?

I accidentally added a floor that I didn't intend to. How do I delete it? Also, I also misspelled a room name. I'd like to be able to change the spelling to the correct one. How do I accomplish that too?

Thank you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine_Manor_HomeSeer.png
Views:	177
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1393286

On the left side of the Home page, check off the devices for which you wish to change the floor. Then click the down arrow next to the drop down box at the top. Choose Change Floor. If you've accidentally added a second floor, change everything with second floor to first floor or [blank]. Your second floor magically disappears.

Do the same with the misspelled room name.
    Attached Files

Jim Speiser
    35-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Comment

Just change the floor in the device or delete the device.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post
        I accidentally added a floor that I didn't intend to. How do I delete it? Also, I also misspelled a room name. I'd like to be able to change the spelling to the correct one. How do I accomplish that too?

Thank you,
        If u are using hs3 just move the items from the mispelled room and if nothing is attached to it it will be removed.
        on hs4 its not possible, u need to edit the json file.
        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.0.8.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

On the left side of the Home page, check off the devices for which you wish to change the floor. Then click the down arrow next to the drop down box at the top. Choose Change Floor. If you've accidentally added a second floor, change everything with second floor to first floor or [blank]. Your second floor magically disappears.

Thank you for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
            Just change the floor in the device or delete the device.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post

If u are using hs3 just move the items from the mispelled room and if nothing is attached to it it will be removed.
              Thanks for the info.

I sure hope that there is eventually an easier way to delete rooms or floors in HS4 in the future. I'm pretty sure I will make the same mistake when I migrate over to HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

Thanks for the info.

I sure hope that there is eventually an easier way to delete rooms or floors in HS4 in the future. I'm pretty sure I will make the same mistake when I migrate over to HS4.
                Let's just say, I hope there are no plans to sunset HS3....

Jim Speiser
                35-year veteran of Home Automation
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post

It is possible in HS4. It is the same as in HS3 like you said above. Just enable Bulk Edit then you get the dropdown you are looking for.

Name:	bulk.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1393498

Name:	bulk2.PNG
Views:	140
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	1393499
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

You're right. It is magic!!!! Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

It is possible in HS4. It is the same as in HS3 like you said above. Just enable Bulk Edit then you get the dropdown you are looking for.

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

yes u right, they did finally fix it in 4.0.7.0 did not even know that
                        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.0.8.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I was about to write in this thread because I had a few locations I could not get away, turned out there was a few devices that was hidden, check that also if you have trouble get rid of some locations.

Comment

Working...
                          X