Nuc shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuc shutting down

Been using HS3 for a few days on a Windows 10 NUC . Noticing the the last 2 mornings the NUC appears to have shut itself down . Reboot and HS3 etc is all up .
    I’ve not altered anything that I’m aware of . Any suggestions ? . Assuming a Windows issue rather than Hs ....
    Updates are off ( delayed ) in Windows

Maybe changing your profile picture will help...

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      😂😂😂

Comment

yeah that would be a good place to start.....

but besides that, I have a Nuc, and I started having problems, yet again, after I updated win10, with the video drivers crashing.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post

yeah that would be a good place to start.....

but besides that, I have a Nuc, and I started having problems, yet again, after I updated win10, with the video drivers crashing.
          As long as my profile pic gets a laugh then it’s all good .
          My win 10 has had no updates so I can’t see why it’s suddenly decided to act up

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post

As long as my profile pic gets a laugh then it’s all good .
            My win 10 has had no updates so I can’t see why it’s suddenly decided to act up
            Have you had a look at the Windows event logs (Windows event viewer) for issues?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Have you had a look at the Windows event logs (Windows event viewer) for issues?
              No I haven’t . New to windows and Hs - will take a look ; appreciated

Comment

There's an app in Windows 10 called "Reliability History". It will tell you any issues that occurred in Windows like apps crashing, updates failing, and the OS crashing. This is what I used to review Windows performance.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                  There's an app in Windows 10 called "Reliability History". It will tell you any issues that occurred in Windows like apps crashing, updates failing, and the OS crashing. This is what I used to review Windows performance.
                  Thank you ! I’ll check that also 👍

Comment

Been using windows for 25 years and never heard of this. Thanks!

Comment

Does this forum have any kind of member ignore feature. That picture is getting me in trouble with IT...

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

Does this forum have any kind of member ignore feature. That picture is getting me in trouble with IT...
                        😂 I do hope you are only joking!

Comment

There. As it's such a problem...

Comment

Now that was interesting!. It would seem windows update are happening practically everyday!! Even though they are 'paused' - or at least I thought they were!!!
                            Really need them not to install without my consent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post

Now that was interesting!. It would seem windows update are happening practically everyday!! Even though they are 'paused' - or at least I thought they were!!!
                              Really need them not to install without my consent.
                              Set your IP/WIFI connections to metered. For an ethernet connection, you will need to use regedit. This will prevent updates from downloading until you say it is OK to use the metered connection. Works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X