How to figure out when dryer is on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to figure out when dryer is on.

We live off grid and have a 8000 watt inverter. We have the regular big draw appliances as well as a backup electric element on the water heater storage tank. The domestic hot water is usually run by gas, but when it is really sunny out I want to use the extra solar to run the element.

That part is easy. The challenge I am facing is turning the element off when another big draw turns on, like the stove or dryer. I use a product called Eydro (eydro.com) and a script that gets the values from the electrical panel and inputs them into hs devices. when these devices are off the device Dryer Current is at 0, when it is on the amps are greater than 0 , but fluctuate based on the heat and such.

My question is, if I make an even that does something when the Dryer amps changes and becomes greater than 0 that even triggers multiple time. So as a test, if I have it speak, the event speaks constantly. am I better to create an 2nd virtual device with an on-off status and have the first event just toggle the virtual device on and off, and a 2nd event to turn off the water heater when the virtual device is on? What makes the best sense? How are others doing it?
    Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
    http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Have you tried:

If Dryer amps changes and becomes greater than 0
    And Dryer amps = 0
    then
    Turn on your virtual device.

this way it will only trigger when it is off and changes to on.

Greig.

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Or

If Dryer amps change and becomes greater than 0
      And the water heater is on
      then
      Turn on your heater is off

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Working...
      X