Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I run two systems of Homeseer

Hi all
    I know this might seem a "dumb" question but...
    Can I have 2 copies of homeseer running
    Here is my problem
    I have homeseer at home (HS3) and its now very stable
    I want to have some automation at my office, I do know I can run a znet interface, but couldn't get it to work ...VPN on a modem is above my paygrade ( I did try) plus I really want to keep home/office separate, mainly for internet speed reasons, plus other reasons

I was looking at the new Fibaro (HC3) but looking at their forums ...lots of people are not happy with it and many features are delayed till next year
    Now my questions
    1) Will it work?
    2) If so, how?
    3) How to integrate with Homeseer mobile, can I have two logins
    4) Do I need to upgrade my HS3 to HS4,

Thanks for any insight with my "first world problem"

JP

You can but you technically need two HS licenses. It's like having two distinct systems.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      You can but you technically need two HS licenses. It's like having two distinct systems.
      Thanks Rupp for getting back to me....
      Happy to have two "distinct" systems...
      How does it work with homeseer mobile?
      Do I have two log ins? or can I combine

Comment

It's two different systems and therefore requires two licences. HS seems to have some multi-system license, though. Check this site https://shop.homeseer.com/products/myhs There is some other link that lists myHS options for 5 and 10 systems but I can't find it right now.

Comment

You can have two that share a login. When you log in from either app or web you'll be asked to choose which system you want to connect to. I have two - it works fine.

Comment

mulu
            HSAccord

you guys rock...thank you

Comment

I think replies so far are business oriented. I infer you are asking about integrating the data from two HS instances. This can be done through multiple approaches. Jon00 provided a utility for HS2/HS3 integration. The mcsXap plugin can do it. McsMQTT plugin can do it. Scripting with JSON-based queries can do it.

For all methods there needs to be a channel that is able to route through your firewall.

Synchronizing two HS instances has the same problems of any redundant system as it is hard hard to know who is telling the truth when there is disagreement.

What I do now is use MQTT as the communication broker and view my architecture as a main System and a supporting system. The main system is what I believe and it makes available information so the supporting system is aware. My MQTT broker is located at the main system’s network. This means the supporting system uses the internet to exchange information while my main system does not depend upon the internet.

The only networking infrastructure I need is a public IP address of the main system and a router firewall setting to allow port 1883, which is used for MQTT, to allow data to pass between LAN and WAN networks. In my case I have a Amcrest Cam on my main system’s network so I use the DNS service provided by Amcrest to make my IP public. ASUS provides a similar service. Independent providers such as no-is provide it too.

Comment

Working...
              X