Event is not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event is not triggering

I would like to run this event every minute but only after the sunset and until 10 PM, this is the event that I did but is not working, what is wrong with it?
    Attached Files

Does it ever trigger? I would guess it should trigger 1 time
    It appears the "Time is 15m after sunset" would be the limiting factor. Can you change that temporarily to time is after 8:40PM or something to test.

Comment

This will only trigger once at 8:36 as 15min after sunset is only then. I do not think you can do what you want without the Easy Trigger plugin or removing the 15m after sunset so you could do if the time is after sunset and before 10:05 as this is an option or if you have the Easy Trigger plugin then you can set it to be after sunset + 15m.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Let me check easy trigger, I did not think about it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grundcm View Post
          Does it ever trigger? I would guess it should trigger 1 time
          It appears the "Time is 15m after sunset" would be the limiting factor. Can you change that temporarily to time is after 8:40PM or something to test.
          The time is 15 minutes after Sunset is an exact time (as in 8:36:XX:XX) as is the recurring trigger. The recurring trigger is once a minute, but it is not necessarily the top of the minute. They will never be the exact (to the millisecond) same time.

As Greig wrote, Easy Trigger schedule would be the easiest, or even an Easy Trigger Condition. Otherwise a Virtual Device would be the best.

Comment

Another thing to consider: Your trigger has to be checked every minute, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Which may be a drag on your performance. (Even though the trigger is checked, your conditions will stop the event from actually running.)

One other possibility (besides the preferred Easy Trigger) would be to disable the event outside of the time you want it to run, and only enable it 15m after sunset.

Comment

This might have something to do with the .2 seconds on the actual device being triggered... remember reading somewhere minimum is one second.

As Grundcm asked - does the event ever trigger at all as you currently have it set?

Comment

Originally posted by mylestec View Post
                This might have something to do with the .2 seconds on the actual device being triggered... remember reading somewhere minimum is one second.

As Grundcm asked - does the event ever trigger at all as you currently have it set?
                Right now is not triggering but I will implement the new solution from this post, I will keep you posted

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
                  Another thing to consider: Your trigger has to be checked every minute, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Which may be a drag on your performance. (Even though the trigger is checked, your conditions will stop the event from actually running.)

One other possibility (besides the preferred Easy Trigger) would be to disable the event outside of the time you want it to run, and only enable it 15m after sunset.
                  A Trigger alone has negligible impact on the system. It only when the Conditions are all met and the Event runs that there is any impact on the system and that impact will be determined by the number and type of Actions.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    The time is 15 minutes after Sunset is an exact time (as in 8:36:XX:XX) as is the recurring trigger. The recurring trigger is once a minute, but it is not necessarily the top of the minute. They will never be the exact (to the millisecond) same time.

As Greig wrote, Easy Trigger schedule would be the easiest, or even an Easy Trigger Condition. Otherwise a Virtual Device would be the best.
                    Thanks Randy. I just learned something new. I don't think I have ever used the sunset as an AND IF trigger. I guess I incorrectly assumed it was for the whole minute since the time was listed to the minute in the parentheses.

Comment

Originally posted by Grundcm View Post

Thanks Randy. I just learned something new. I don't think I have ever used the sunset as an AND IF trigger. I guess I incorrectly assumed it was for the whole minute since the time was listed to the minute in the parentheses.
                      HomeSeer actually evaluates the time of day in milliseconds, but let's just keep it at seconds for the sake of discussion, so 8:36 might be 8:36:23. It is important that any Trigger is only a moment in time. Similarly if you start a once a minute recurring trigger at 8:35:50, The next trigger wi0ll occur at 8:36.50. Even if the resolution was only seconds, you can see how impossible it would be to an exact time trigger would ever match an exact time Condition.

Easy Trigger makes it easy to do what you are trying

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	1401492

But the Event is a little problematic. It will run every minute between sunset +15 and 10:05PM. That is a little busy. I'm curious why you want to keep checking. I would do this - create an easy trigger schedule:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	1401493

Use the schedule in an event

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture2.png Views:	0 Size:	26.2 KB ID:	1401494

If there are times you want this event to run outside of when it is 15 minutes after sunset, run it from another Event honoring conditions.

Comment

Working...
                      X