Stop running an event after many times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop running an event after many times

I have an event that triggers turning a light to 100% if the camera sense a moviment. Everything is working fine until at night a spider start to build a spider web, I was thinking to use a counter and if it reaches the limit to halt the event. This is my problem, if rains or if is a spider, those cameras trigger the event every few seconds while if is a person, it only trigger with the presence of the person. How can I use the counter but only with rapid succession of triggers, i.e spiders, rain?

You could have an event that runs every few seconds (minutes?) depending on how fast the counter increments with nuisance sources.
    It would have a condition that the counter is greater than 0 and an action to decrement the counter.
    By choosing the interval properly you may be able to keep the counter from reaching your max unless the trigger is frequent.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Have you tried setting Event Cannot Re-Run for:X sec in the events advanced options then also add an event condition of the camera has not detected movement for X number of seconds? This will cause the light to only come on if there has been no movement in the camera.
      Your biggest problem is knowing if the movement is a spider or a human you can not rule this out in an event. I would get some peppermint and spray the camera with it as spiders don't like it.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

I believe I understand the problem. I also understand that you contemplate using a counter to implement a solution to the problem. I might be able to offer a suggestion if I understood better how your ideal solution would distinguish between a normal human trigger pattern and the spider / rain false trigger pattern. Also, does your ideal solution envision autorecovery -- i.e., do you need it to return to normal operation once it stops raining?

Comment

What are you using the sense motion? In any case, I would look into BlueIris and the BlueIris plugin. It's some more cost but it gives you great flexibility. That flexibility includes how large an object must be to trigger, how fast it must be moving to trigger, areas where movement can trigger, etc. etc.

Comment

All great ideas, thanks. I have sight hound, similar to your application, unfortunately the rain and spider still trigger the rule as a person being detected. A counter was one of the idea but I'm open to others. The event should resume if there is no more fast motion detection. Right now as an example it will detect a human ones every 1 or so, with rain or spider is constantly on.

I also like the peppermint idea on the top of this solution, what are you using, something that you buy at Amazon?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a similar issue. I have a motion sensor on my back door to let me know the dogs have run up and want back inside. I don't mind a couple of reminders but I don't want to hear it every 10 seconds till I let them in. But if I forget I'd like to start hearing reminders again after a reasonable time.

This doesn't feel very elegant but I solved this using 3 events and a counter. The third event resets the counter back to zero.

Click image for larger version

Name:	event 1.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1401041

Name:	event 2.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1401042

Name:	event 3.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1401043
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 449
              Number of Events: 210

Plug-Ins: Arduino, BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, WeatherXML, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
                I also like the peppermint idea on the top of this solution, what are you using, something that you buy at Amazon?
                I have exactly the same problem and only today purchased some peppermint essence from the store to try this out but if you do a quick google you will find you just mix it up in a spray bottle with water, a little soap and some use lavender oil in there too.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Thank you all, you are the best. I also discovered thanks to blueiris discussion that my software can do the same thing. Will test the new rule tomorrow with the big rain. I appreciated all your help.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used this setup to limit my motion in my driveway announcements when there is constant activity. As long as there is movement initially and it continues within 35 seconds I only get the first announcement.

if motion in driveway and driveway timer > 35 seconds then announce

if motion in driveway then after wait 1second run event to restart driveway timer

event restart driveway timer

event if timer 40 seconds then stop timer

Stuart

Comment

Working...
                    X