Have a virtual device follow a group of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a virtual device follow a group of devices

I am new to using forums, so if I posted this incorrectly, I apologize. I have been a long time Homeseer user, but wouldn't consider myself a power user and never really got to far in the weeds. I had imperihome dashboards and used the composite function to turn on and off a group of lights at one time. Now that imperihome is dead, I am moving to HSbuddy and building dashboards. Now I am using events to turn on multiple devices at one time, but I want to have a virtual device track the status of those devices, simply on or off. If one device is on, say one of the basement lights, it shows as on, if all are off, then it shows as off. THis would simulate what I had with imperihome. I have easy trigger and can set up a virtual device to show when any device is on, but not when all devices are off. I feel like there has to be an easy way to have a virtual device follow the status of a group of devices, can someone help.

Originally posted by foringerj View Post
    I am new to using forums, so if I posted this incorrectly, I apologize. I have been a long time Homeseer user, but wouldn't consider myself a power user and never really got to far in the weeds. I had imperihome dashboards and used the composite function to turn on and off a group of lights at one time. Now that imperihome is dead, I am moving to HSbuddy and building dashboards. Now I am using events to turn on multiple devices at one time, but I want to have a virtual device track the status of those devices, simply on or off. If one device is on, say one of the basement lights, it shows as on, if all are off, then it shows as off. THis would simulate what I had with imperihome. I have easy trigger and can set up a virtual device to show when any device is on, but not when all devices are off. I feel like there has to be an easy way to have a virtual device follow the status of a group of devices, can someone help.
    You are 99.9% already at your solution. Create a virtual device that has an on/off setting and then two events using Easy trigger. If any device in x group are equal to 0 then set virtual device x to off. Second event, if any device in x group are 100 then set virtual device to on.

Just make sure that all devices in your group use the same value for off and on.

I have a group of lights for each room and if any light is on in that room then an event turns on a virtual device for that room so that we know which rooms have lights on and which do not. Easy Trigger is one of the must have plug ins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

For clarification, "Easy Trigger" is a plugin that I think is $29. It's pretty cool but you would think HS has that integrated...

Comment

I just read a similar post in the Easy Trigger Forum regarding a group of motion sensors. I think what you need is "IF any device changes and becomes Off, AND IF all devices in the group are off, then turn off virtual switch."

Comment

You can do it without EasyTrigger but I'm guessing EasyTrigger makes it easier, I don't use that plugin so can't say much about it.
          Without easytrigger you would need to make an event that checks each device.
          One event for Off, another for On.
          See attached
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Status Off.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1404227

Click image for larger version

Name:	Status on.PNG
Views:	73
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1404228

Comment

Thank you all, I realized that editing events from my ipad in easy trigger made it difficult to see all the options Easy Trigger had, once I did it on my PC I found the AND IF and was able to add the AND IF all devices are set to 0 trigger. It works great. Still wish Imperihome was still around. Hopefully HSBuddy will add a black background option for the dashboard.

Comment

Working...
            X