Exterior LED Strip lighting control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post

you could always create a series of events for use with homekit. I'm finding that the current homebridge-homeseer is pretty stable
    Sorry, my post may have been misleading. I just copied and pasted the description for the equipment I bought from amazon. I actually don't use homekit.

I plugged a string into a kilowatt meter to see what they were drawing in terms of watts. The most efficient seems to be the white light from the RGBW string. At full brightness it draws 7.2 watts. At roughly half brightness it is only drawing 2 watts.

If my thinking is correct, using something like an altronix 12vdc backup battery power supply with a standard ub1280 (8ah) battery, a single string of these lights would run for 54 hours!

Some strategically placed light strings around the house could be used as emergency lighting. Of course homeseer would have to have enough battery backup itself to trigger an event before dying but then the lights should remain on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	backup.png
Views:	62
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1411598

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
      Some strategically placed light strings around the house could be used as emergency lighting. Of course homeseer would have to have enough battery backup itself to trigger an event before dying but then the lights should remain on.
      Kids these days.... back in my heyday we'd just light candles!
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 449
      Number of Events: 210

Plug-Ins: Arduino, BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, WeatherXML, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
      X