Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to schedule Temperature change Honeywell Thermostat

Hello there,
    I have been using a Honeywell Z wave thermostat and it works. I would like to program HomeSeer to change the temperature to a cooler temp in the evening and another change to raise the temp in the morning. I have searched but I am probably not using the correct key words for a hit on how to.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

I need to migrate it over to a Windows 10 box and use my HS4 upgrade.

Thank you!!

After digging around I made this but not sure if it will work. I recall trying to set the RGB lights on the switches to be on when my garage door is open and that was a fail. : )

I don't have the zwave version of the Honeywell T-stat. But from glancing at your event, 'cooling set point' may be the problem. for the wifi honeywell version the child device the setpoint is merely 'setpoint'. make sure there are no other set points. Some thermostats support a high/low mode and you don't switch from heat/cool. If you were in heat mode only, the cooling set point may not apply.

When I create events I test them. Keep in mind testing just test actions, not the conditions.
    let me see if I can help with your notification LED setting. Here is an example of one I use that blinks all LED's when I trigger my all lights off event I also call this event. Remember, in your case you'll want 2 events. One will set them to status mode when your garage door is open and one to set them back to normal mode when the door is closed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blink LEDs.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1406796

If you use announcements you may also consider adding one to alert you when the garage is left open. I use one to announce it's open after sunset. This isn't the cleanest looking event. I have an Elk MG1 with a wired garage door sensor. I'm currently using it for announcements. The two actions result in the phrase 'garage door open at night'

Click image for larger version

Name:	garage door open.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1406797
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 449
    Number of Events: 210

Plug-Ins: Arduino, BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, WeatherXML, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I think jmaddox is correct. I used to have the zwave version of this tstat running with Vera. Several years ago I could use it on "Auto" mode and control heating and cooling setpoints separately. At some point, something changed and I could no longer set those, even when I moved to HS. I had to use "setpoint" and either Heating or Cooling mode, not Auto. Hope this helps. (I've since replaced the Honeywell with an Ecobee)

Comment

Working...
      X